Thread: Performance gain by overclocking EVGA GEFORCE GTX 690 Extreme GPU

Performance gain by overclocking EVGA GEFORCE GTX 690 Extreme GPU

EVGA GEFORCE GTX 690 Extreme is one the best high performance gpu and costly also. It is possible to overclock a gpu also. When you are willing to play a high end graphic games, to some extent we can get a good amount of graphic output by overclocking. The same is not at all complicated. I need some options or test that are done by others who had overclocked their gpu.

I willing to know more about EVGA GEFORCE GTX 690 Extreme GPU. I had created a set of tools, a good psu and liquid cooling for overclocking the same. I am sure the process is not complicated.

Re: Performance gain by overclocking EVGA GEFORCE GTX 690 Extreme GPU

EVGA GEFORCE GTX 690 Extreme is a powerful graphic card and I am sure there is no need to overclock it. The card itself comes with 4GB GDDR5 ram @915 mhz. So at that point It is not at all a matter of worrying to gain more through overclocking.

I think the card will work on default settings in much better.

Overclocking in gpu is risky as they do not support it. While in comparison to that cpu comes with a pre-build architecture to support overclocking. Overclocking gpu is simply like overclocking ram. If you check the specification of your card properly you can see Boost Clock = 1019 MHz. That means there is already a integrated support which will boost the gpu performance when required. I am sure there is no need to find for overclocking stuff.

And if you do that with your own hand, you might spoil the hardware. Overclocking is mostly done on those card which are low on mhz. With adding a bit more you can improve your games graphics. I think you do not really require to overclock EVGA GEFORCE GTX 690. At once try to play the games on default settings. If you face a performance issue then you can check the psu support. It must be higher than 700w and if you had a 1000w psu then this is far more better. Due to low power support the psu fails to perform properly. Even if you forced to overclock the system you might be able to gain from 50 to 80Mhz more.

You can try Afterburner for that. Download this tool and run it. It is right that you can overclock only under limit. The maximum gain will stay below 80Mhz. It will help you to gain some more processing power. Instead of taking the risk of overclocking your processor, the best thing you can do is get a compatible card for your system and hook that with this gpu. You will gain double speed.

It is possible to achieve around 1500Mhz under extreme conditions. But for that you will need a powerful liquid cooler. A traditional one will not at all work. EVGA GEFORCE GTX 690 Extreme GPU is a powerful gpu. If you had a good cooler then you can try increasing your ram power higher than 1400MHz something. And there are test which are carried on this gpu. The same worked well.

The only complication here is that if you system lack a poor psu and cooler, then this card can burn out. Getting @ 1500 is more hardware without better support. My friend added a additional EVGA gpu in the system and he overclocked both. He gained good mhz and it worked fine without crashing much. He had invested a good price in buying a bigger size liquid cooler. Because of which he has to keep his cpu case open all the time. The overclocking works stable for few hours until he play game and when there is no usage the gpu works on normal ratio.

GTX 690 is designed for overclocking. You can boost the same with number of overclocking utility. All in all this is one of the fastest gpu in the market. So I think with the default settings it will work nicely and would not create any issue. Somehow those who are performance hungry can increase the same to gain more power.

It is a Quad Sli gpu that comes with default 4GB ram. I think this is more than enough. The memory clock of this graphic card is 6008Mhz with 384GB/s bandwidth. Why more you want. Especially for gaming this gpu is more than enough. I am sure there is no need to overclock. If your gpu is a bit lower end then overclocking would have health. But only overclocking the gpu is half work done. You need a good cpu power also on the same hand. But still if you want to do that you can try to run a test in Afterburner.

Download this tool and install it. Now first thing make a note of minimum voltage requirement. The tool has some pre-set profile which can help you in the setup. You can keep increasing cpu frequency bit by bit to ensure that everything is working fine. If there is a issue do not go over that limit.

EVGA's GTX 690 is designed for overclockers. The card is made for those who lover to push their hardware to limits. It is made up powerful elements which does not burns or crash. You can run overclocking on the same as per your need, but do remember that a powerful cooler is must in every condition.

Without powerful cooling it is not all possible to push the gpu over 1500Mhz. The last test that I saw was done by user through external cooling support. The gpu was freezes to -40 degree for gaining extreme cooling solution. It worked well with smooth performance. But this type of cooling is not possible with regular liquid cooling kit. And all are not extreme geeks who can make necessary arrangement for overclocking.

I had seen a number of people who destroy their device by overclocking and then visit the vendor for replacement. It is a bit sensible if you try to find the best resources and tips on web and then only move ahead for overclockng.