Thread: Need some help to overclock Intel Ivy Bridge i5-3570K and i7-3770K CPU

Need some help to overclock Intel Ivy Bridge i5-3570K and i7-3770K CPU

As I already mentioned in the title I guess I really need to learn certain things about overclocking my Ivy Bridge Intel i5-3570K and i7-3770K processors. I am not sure but I think there are certain problems that I am facing with both the processor’s overclocking process. Many a times I have learnt that Ivy Bridge process are bound to show a huge difference in their temperatures; either they become high or they show a very low temperature which in turns results in bad overclocking. I am expecting a much better and higher overclocking and less impact with regards to both the Vcore and Temperatures. However after overclocking there should a sensible drop in temperature. People say that overclocking with i5-3570K doesn’t comes as according to the expectation as it comes with the i7-3770K processor. So just wanted to know what exactly would be the appropriate minimum voltage that is necessary for a stable 4.7GHz~4.8GHz for the 3770k process, is it 1.30V? Don’t want to be extra smart but I am just making a mild guess hoping that it is somewhat correct.

Also I would like to share is that recently one of my friend tried overclocking his i5-3570k in order to get stable ~4.8GHz over 1.2V. After looking at his stable condition I can only make out that we are not supposed to have higher volts even with a 2600k or 2700k with hyper threading.

Re: Need some help to overclock Intel Ivy Bridge i5-3570K and i7-3770K CPU

There nothing to think much about it. With all brand CPUs the case is almost same. No matter what processor you own, if you consider even Sandy bridge shows up a serious high temperature issue. Even if you apply a cold heatsink upon it the processor is bound to get heated up. Heating is a common issue which is independent of overclocking or some other factor, the only thing you need to know is that it increases with the condition. But however you can still differentiate the processors with their post overclocking performance with regards to the heating trouble.

I still do not have any idea why we are expected 3770k with such high voltages even if we have 3570k that could be overclocked stable 4.8GHz @1.225V. There’s no way hyper threading requiring that much of high numbers.

Not so sure with my statements but I personally do believe that lower 22 nanometer 1.3 volts could be considered as high voltage. As according to my experience and research I can only say that the voltages getting lower issue could be due to the walls present in the processor that are used as a separating path must be getting thinner that is directly affecting the voltages that are passing through the separated paths. I am very much sure that if you consider any older processor like 8086 and try to make it work under a higher voltage with such lower nanometer thin wall cores then definitely it is bound to get fry all the way.

There’s no doubt that 3770K are better at their place but the thing is that when they are reached at ~300MHz and seems to be better than Sandy bridge users starts getting lower to their clocking chips. However I end up with Sandy Bridge as I have heard that SB-E are now out but they are not within my price range. And if you under consider games then you might notice that 3570K, they are much better than this 2770K especially when it comes to BF3. I have personally preferred to go with 2700K upgrade as suggested by my friend and guess what? I end up with getting a much better performance, at least its above than the average performance.

I would really like to have my opinions and suggestion over here regarding the Ivy Bridge and sandy bridge CPUs. Unless you overclock your Ivy Bridge vCore I think these CPUs are bound to much lower than the Sandy Bridge CPU. With overclocking the case goes completely different. With all the Vcores that are fixed I have certainly noticed that the reading were 1.3Xv for 4.6GHz~4.8GHz but let me tell you that they were not as according to my expectation, if asked me I would expect at least 1.1Xv or even less than this is acceptable. The problem with Ivy Bridge is that they still now doesn’t let deliver the expected requirements instead of that they are actually thermally limited on water or air at 4GHz or higher which is nothing but same as Sandy Bridge. However surprising Ivy Bridge does produces lot of heat and end up with higher temperatures as compared to the Sandy Bridge which in my opinion is a huge problem that is to be really fixed or sorted out by intel.

Everyone knows that overclocking is actually a huge boon provided to us from all the processor manufacturers as it gives more advantage to the user. Sale factor is the top most thing that for all the overclockers. I do prefer overclocking my processor no matter however people do scare me with their worst and bad experience. The only thing I prefer is to be perfect with whatever you do. Overclocking might be a risky process but always make sure that nothing in this world is as simple as anything. There is a risk in all activity you do. There are people who are enjoying their system to the fullest even after overclocking it at max possible. The reason is quite simply, they must have performed the overclocking process the best way possible and also they must have maintained it the way it should be. Presently it is very much obvious that intel was with a full intention of trumping over AMD Black Edition upcoming CPU just with the release of the Intel K edition, however they were to hold upon the unlocked multiplier of the AMD.

Intel really needs to look into their issue. there are many mid ranged and low budget processors that can even now overclock to a decent level and to an acceptable range, then why not Intel processors shows up the same performance. What so ever may be the issue is, Intel really need to resolve it as soon as possible from their side

As according to the official statement that came up on internet it was said that even at 4.6 - 4.7 Ghz the temperature of the processor comes to at certain point that it without any doubt gets the processor throttle. This behavior occurs just to get the process at a normal and safe level, in short it is to protect the processor from any sort of serious impact. No matter with what process you compares the Ivy Bridge processor they are bound to be worse than them. You won’t believe that Ivy Bridge processors seems to be 200 - 300 Mhz which is seriously quite annoying because if you compare the reading with a Core i7-2600k the case is too worse, Core i7-2600k has the best capability of doing 4.8 - 5.0 GHz stable if you get a good efficient cooler. Even comparing with Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge has no competition. Its all the way worse than the other processors.

As according to my personal opinion I think almost all the users doesn’t need to have any requirement of a SB-E/LGA 2011 i.e. 6-core/12-thread. As it is people do prefer to get more cores as they believe that more will be the cores better will be the performance especially if they are into business. But even then if you are in some other rendering then too you might thing the same. If you are into SB-E/LGA 2011 platform then surely you might be getting 32-lanes of PCIe 3.0 to the GPU.