Thread: Unable to unlock cores of processor in Gigabyte MA990XA-UD3

Unable to unlock cores of processor in Gigabyte MA990XA-UD3

I recently purchased a Gigabyte MA990XA-UD3 and in its manual says that it has an inbuilt feature for unlocking the cores. I tried it on my AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE, but it doesn’t seem to work. I followed instructions on manual but even it didn’t help. Can someone tell me why it is not happening?

Re: Unable to unlock cores of processor in Gigabyte MA990XA-UD3

Core unlocking is a part of overclocking and you need to have a good knowledge about overclocking for doing this. Also the steps and procedure provided by manufacturer in the manual may not help doing it on various motherboards. You can contact the official service centre of Gigabyte to know if you processor is compatible for unlocking the cores of your processor. I think that is your processor is not compatible then the problem might be related to poor ACC coding of the BIOS of motherboard. Not trying to discourage you or manufacturer, but I have seen many cheap motherboards from Gigabyte providing better core unlocking than this processor.
    You can try finding if the processor you are using is compatible for core unlocking or not by disabling all the cores except the first one. If the computer boots properly without any error message then it’s your processor which is not compatible. If any problem occurs while booting, most probably, OS will start in BSOD or it will not start, then there is fault with the motherboard. You can complaint it to the manufacturer or vendor who might provide you solution to it.