Thread: Is it worth the Maximus Extreme IV-Z Chipset Water Cooling

Is it worth the Maximus Extreme IV-Z Chipset Water Cooling

guys I need to know this. As I am new in this so I really don’t know anything about this but I need to know is it be worth to have the watercooling on the motherboard chipset . well I have on and it looks as If it stays around to 35 and 45c no matter what is going around it . all I need to know the befits I am getting with lowing it by water , it Is obvious with the CPU/GPU but I can’t make out any difference , not so on the chipsets as well as the power regs . is there anyone here can help me on this I will be really appreciating this afford . thanks

Re: Is it worth the Maximus Extreme IV-Z Chipset Water Cooling

Well I cant see any benefits on the Intel's P67/Z68 chipsets. Vregs may be the good thing on the water cooling in case you are not having the much of the airflow around the CPU while running a water loops as it can be very hot but that depends how hot that is running . Or may be from the performance viewpoint its useful in case of the motherboard air cooling is not working and you are getting the continuous getting BSOD's and locks up even though it has the good CPU & VGA temps. Like for example if the motherboard has the poor design and the big hot VGA cards is obstructing the air-cooling efforts or may be the air-flow require development. The Vregs get hot although it can be cooled air but might be needed some extra afford spot cooling , where its aiming on the fan at the hot spot., that totally depends on the underlying air-flow within the case. In required you can put in the extra fans to develop stock cooling inside a case. On the x58 chipset on the EVGA 1366 board, my Vreg will be going to 79 c or more before the cooling. It s the 1366 has a heat-sink that present on the Vreg with the tiny fan for the chipset. Together the 1366 and 1156 get the advantage of the side fans . well I like to mention the incidence where my side fan was out and I was having this lockups during games so I fixed the fans on the side and all was working just fine . I had less issue on the 1156 although that might be depends on the extent of oc that I have done that might causing this heating problem . few of the EOCF fix the issue of the air cooling by taking off the factory part may be the heat-sink or fan and put it back again with the TIM. The manufacture sometime applies too much TIM. Some report up to 10°C improvement. Thus there is some economical way to improve the motherboard cooling previous to using water. luckily, your temps are ok.

In case you are clocking the CPU to the higher extent using water or else Air cooling you will require it. If you are cooling your CPU by LN2 while benching the CPU at maximum clocks you might not require cooling to the VRM area. the majority people do not even know that their computer is throttling for the reason of the heat problem from the VRM at a few of the extra intense settings. I have see a few of the air coolers that people are making use of and they are just not up in the cooling the CPU in the appropriate manner ans they don’t even care of given enough airflow above the rest of the board, plus they still attempt to do a 5.4GHz over clock plus run Prime steady for 48hours. And at the same time wishing for a quiet system. So they make use of a cooler that make a smaller amount noise , and dial every case fans right back to the minimum in BIOS - yet still wish for top performance. So I have people damage their system. The MIVE is one of the most excellent boards for organization VRM temps however no motherboard is secure . My comment regarding the throttling was meant at a great deal wider consumer not just the MIVE user

What actually wants water, and is not be change with air cooling, is GPU except just if you make use of sli or more. There are enormous air coolers that take approximately every PCI slots of motherboard therefore can't be used as sli setups , although can be used with low down rpm fan, that permit the solid overclock and low level of sound. however if you do not have the multiple high-end gpus so that you be able to that, water cooling is very much is the only way out. Well as far as the CPU is concern no, you will not really required the water cooling as well there are huge coolers, that are already better compare to the dedicated 120x120mm mini wc kits (corsair for example). You can overclock your CPU with these, they can work with exceptionally low rpm fans, and the whole thing works very well. What is actually the advantage of use water block and let’s say 360mm radiator loop on CPU, for standard 24/7 utilization ? no doubt you can almost certainly get out few more mhz for benching, however not actually a great deal, and for silent 24/7 setup there is near almost no diversity. Water cooling is more often than not for fun, it can appear great, has many customization option, however can be also very costly, and absolutely not worth that money, if you just care regarding performance, and difference vs air cooling for day-to-day use.

Well the actual advantages of the water cooling against the high finish air cooling isn’t that huge . they're little enough you will see many gains in artificial benchmarks but gain in real applications moreover as games are negligible and in no technique price the price. As for GPUs, not really . the foremost glorious GPUs on the market at the moment Is MSI Hawk/lightning ,the Gigabyte super OC and therefore the ASUS direct CU that go together with convention coolers fine enough that you just are not getting to get any clocks from liquid cooling them, they're previously nearly silent, and you are not very getting to notice a block that matches them since they're usually custom PCBs. therefore within the case of the CPU, you are not gaining a lot of and if you actually care concerning benchmarks liquid cooling could be a piss poor manner of going concerning it compared to LN2 or section modification. And within the case of GPUs an MSI 480 lightning air cooled card goes to destroy a liquid cooled 480 and price you less money anyways. the opposite things, NB/SB/RAM are all minimal if any gain anyways. If you are water cooling things you are doing it as a result of you relish building computers and like how it's otherwise you are incredibly anal concerning noise levels. I will place up a pc with the very best end CPU HSF and Tri-SLI custom cards get a rather worse CPU OC, higher GPU OCs and save an outsized bundle of money.

That is really nice that you have said here but I like to tell you here that the fan could be a fan, and a noise may be . the concept behind silent cooling is to get rid of as several noise sources as attainable. Depends on what you utilize. On high finish CPU and GPU, the gains are smart, and large in noise levels. I disagree with "nearly silent". Irritatingly noisy is nearer to the reality, and maddening if you begin having multiple GPU's. I dont assume i am "anal". I even have no AC where i live, therefore I even have a awfully low noise floor to begin with. something that produces any reasonably noise is heard terribly clearly. The vacuum cleaner noise of contemporary high finish GPU's isn't even near "nearly silent". 500rpm 140mm fans, currently we're talking, that is not silent either however lots a lot of, and therefore the noise quality isn't identical in the slightest degree. And have a horribly noisy monster, that may need lots of contemporary air to not overheat, which means correct case, case fans, perhaps ducting... Been there, done that. the most purpose of watercooling is controlling WHERE the warmth exchange takes place, which suggests that on the most important surface space that is allowable, and where the dissipated heat is simply evacuated. the matter of air cooling is it's to be localized simply over the recent part (unless using heatpipes however this answer has its limits), which suggests that reduced house, reduced surface space for cooling, therefore faster spinning fans that are automatically a lot of noisy.

Water cooling a GPU, you can't water cool a high end GPU. The truly topped binned GPUs that will clobber the alternatives go at the side of custom PCBs and different things and there aren't water blocks from them. you will water cool some GTX 580's, that everyone get stomped into the mud by the custom boards. If you are water cooling your GPU, it's a signal simply failed to get a very high end card. and thus the noise is hit or miss. one in all my rigs is on water and has a pair of stock GTX 480s. Another is on air and has a pair of MSI lightning GTX 480's. i'm unable to inform a distinction in noise, but the air cooled right s everywhere the water cooled one in games and benchmarks simply because the GPUs are tons higher and OC tons higher. I've got GTX 460s in different PCs and thus the MSI Hawk card isn't loud, gets a so much higher OC, and will be a superior product to the one I liquid cooled. i don't terribly hear a distinction in sound volume either. this can be not a knock on water cooling, I've got lots of rigs beneath water than beneath air. but the particular reality of the matter is when it involves GPU's millions of corporations have terribly stepped up their game and cranked out some nice cards with nice coolers and in many cases you simply cannot place them beneath water. i would favor to see that modification, i'm sure my 480's would terribly show some teeth beneath water, but that's merely not an chance. And as things stand, my air cooled GPUs clobber the snot out of my water cooled ones.

One of the misconceptions of starting water-coolers is that they get to ignore air-cooling once putting in the water. we tend to each apprehend that is not the case. Your link could be a smart browse for VRM on the motherboard , significantly AMD. I did not notice that selecting a mb ought to be primarily based partly on whether or not you would like it to OC while not catching on fire. I do like that he like to suggest heat-sinks and spot cooling if the VRM temps are high. However he missed the half concerning changing out manufacturer TIM therefore maybe he has to browse at EOCF a lot of usually, LOL. I got that tip from my teacher, Spawn-Inc. Here could be a smart examine VRM on VGA cards. I bookmarked this largely therefore people apprehend where to place the pads and heat-sinks after they use a universal GPU block. however in spite of where VRM are, they get hot and that we ought to keep them cool to form the electronic device perform higher with less risk of failure. smart air-cooling with smart case air-flow is important. And such as you entails, a decent motherboard could be a wise investment if one intends to OC.