Thread: Need suggestion for the Intel Core i7 2700k Overclock Settings

Need suggestion for the Intel Core i7 2700k Overclock Settings

hi guy s

I need help here I was looking if someone here can suggest me the proper overclocking setting for my build , well I have managed to pull the following setting just take a look in this and just suggest me if this is correction and help me to rectify this in case

• Well I have managed to overclock the Intel Core i7 2700k to the 4.0 MHz
    • The motherboard Asus P8Z68-V Gen3
    • The Ram is the Gskill 2133MHz (2 x 4 GB)

This is what I have done in the BIOS setting

• The CPU RATIO /MULTIPLIER which I have kept to the 40
    • I have kept the turbo by all cores
    • Disabled all C`STATES
    • Maually set the VCORE/CPU VOLTS to the 1.19

Now I have ENABLED all the following thing and that I s

1. Intel virtualization
    2. Internal PLL Overvoltage
    3. Exec Disable Bit
    4. Speed Step

And I have disabled the following stuff which is

1. limit cpuid maximum
    2. spread spectrum

the RAM voltage is 1.71 rated that is it was mentioned on the side of the RAM stick . I have run the application PRIME 95 like for about 5 to 6 HRS for whole week and notice there was no error or any failure and the temperature was maxed at 68 to 69 degrees. I have CPU cooler installed in my RIG and that is NZXT Havik 140. In case I am missing any of the setting that need to be changed or any fault in the above setting please let me know about that . by the look of this it looks as stable , just need to confirm it

thanks

Re: Need suggestion for the Intel Core i7 2700k Overclock Settings

Hey like to tell you that running the RAM over that 1.5v will void the CPU warranty of yours and you are at the moment just going over the 1.58v and that my friend can damage the CPU . and as the memory control is in the CPU the sandy Bridge systems gets very small benefits by going above the DDR3 1600 speeds . I hope you understand this

Thanks for the reply I really appreciate this and I certainly understand what you have been said but I like to tell you that , I have set the voltage on the RAM after seeing the side of the RAM stick and setting the 1.65 V will clearly be undervolting the RAM and if I am not wrong than the sandy bridge would be compatible with the RAM that is Undervolted . but that point that you have made here is what all have said to me so I will not mess with the RAM volt and will leave it to its default as when I got it and that is 1.65 . so what I need to know is even I don’t overclock the RAM it still remain on the 1.65v and also is my rest of the setting looks okay to you , is there anything that I need to change , I have checked the cpu-z and its just showing the RAM voltage between 1.186 -1.197 in many cases but usually latter

I am not sure about this but by the looks of it ,looks like you have the wrong RAM for the CHIP and incase the CHIP dies than the Intel will not honor the warranty because the 1.65v is overclocking the memory control on the CPU. In simple word that RAM that is running over the 1.5v is harmful for the Sandy Bridge system and this is for the reason that the memory controller that is present on the CPU and not on the Motherboard currently . well I have came across some of the instance that showed that 1.65v RAM has damaged the Sandy Bridge CPUs but the way The 4.0Ghz overclock seems fine. Just look at this Unable to get Intel Core i7 2700K stable at 4.8ghz

I like to mention here that I have the Corsair Ram that is Rated 1.65v at the 1600 MHz on the intel core i7 2600k and at that voltage the CPU scores are not good and on top of that the ram is not working correctly and that I can say with my personal experience. That things that I have done was just lowered the Ram voltage and see that the that 1,575 v for ram is the sweet spot for my i7 2600k . I get the best result out of it and also lowering the voltage under that value is not good performance wise on my computer

Well like t o tell you that the Intel is now offering an insurance policy that will benefit particular experimental overclockers. This replaces a ruined without objection namely CPU - no matter whether the processor has been destroyed and outside of Intel's given specifications. However, there are some limitations: a broken CPU will be replaced only once. In addition, the performance Tuninig Protection Plan be limited to some predefined by Intel processors. In addition, the CPU is not replaced within the first 30 days after completion of the additional insurance. So will prevent the exchange of Intel processors, which have been broken before the insurance policy. Possible costs incurred for the installation and removal of the processor are not included in the scope and must be worn by the customer. Is also important for the user: does not transfer the insurance to replace an existing CPU. You can use that

Well I have reduce the volt to the 1.5 and set it to the 1866mhz. I did not change the Trimming can anyone here can tell me that should I put in the timings at sinc ei lowered it to 1.5v and the 1866 MHz will be supportive. Also by the way my CPU id only last 5 years with a 4.0ghz Overclocked. Incase I put it 1600 MHz and run the prime95 stress test to observe the RAM on the 1.5 down by its default 1.65

As long as you retain the voltage below 1.4v and even higher near 1.3v your CPU can last for years. it'll be obsolete in five years anyway. five years ago I had a innovative Core2Duo E6600. I actually have upgraded twice since then. you must leave Speedstep and C1E enabled, it does not hurt stability in any respect. I actually have my 2500K at four.5GHz with C1E, EIST, Speedstep enabled and am currently using Offset voltage therefore it'll drop voltage when it idles still.