Thread: Ideas for development of Cosmos II Ultra Case and Water Cooling system

Ideas for development of Cosmos II Ultra Case and Water Cooling system

I purchased Cosmos II Ultra Case and Water Cooling system just 2 days back. I am using it and noticed that it maintains the temperature of CPU at extremely low. As compared to my older system, the temperature has gone down by around 100C. I studied its design and saw that there has been a good amount of development of design of radiator, fan, pump and reservoir placement. I think that the further versions of this cooler will have more advanced design than this. Does anyone else think the same?

Re: Ideas for development of Cosmos II Ultra Case and Water Cooling system

I think that the developers must place a 360 mm medium profile radiator on the top of the model. They should also place around 3 fans above the cooler to eliminate the heat generated inside the system. They should improve the design with attaching 140 mm high profile radiator on the back exhaust. They could even try having a fan behind the high profile radiator to take out the remaining heat from there. The bottom compartment can have two 240mm high-medium profile radiators accompanied by 2 fans which will press the cold air inside the system and stopping the wastage of the air. The fans that will be used should be two 240mm high-medium profile radiators. Koolance Dual Bay Split Reservoir with two integrated Koolance PMP-450's should be used as they provide best storage of cooling material.

If the fans are put outside the 360 mm medium profile radiator then it will keep the air’s amount constant at same location in the system. I don’t think after a 360 mm radiator is used, a 140 mm radiator will affect the temperature much. I mean, if they place three 360 mm radiators, then the temperature will become so low that the 140 mm will have no purpose to be there. The only one purpose of having 140 mm radiator will be that it will help conserve the power that of 360 mm radiator. The 360 mm radiators can be programmed to start cooling only when the temperature reaches a certain extent and will stop working as soon as the temperature drops to a low level. To maintain the low level temperature for a long time, a 140 mm radiator can be used.

Considering the design that is in discussion and the development that is being described. I think that the PSU unit will be needed to be compact. If a compact PSU is used, it won’t supply ample amount of power. With three 360 mm radiators, the demand for power will be high. To fulfill this high demand, a compact PSU won’t work. To have a big PSU means to have a large amount of wires running in the interiors of the system. These wires will have to design so that they don’t come in between the design of Cosmos II Ultra Case and Water Cooling system. This will again require a lot of efforts and not all PSU developers will invest in it. So again there will be restriction in use of PSU and its design. So I don’t think that the design in discussion is much practical.

I was observing the design and the peripherals in design, I noticed that Koolance Dual Bay Split Reservoir and Koolance PMP-450 has a large size. So fitting them in one single loop might become difficult. To compensate for this, Koolance CPU-370 CPU water block can be used instead of the mentioned one. Also Koolance Sabertooth X79 mosfet/chipset combo block will work best with Koolance CPU-370 CPU water block in single loop. This will also provide cooling facility for GPU.

One thing I like about Cosmos II peripherals is its durability. With so many additional peripherals that will be attached to the basic design, I think that it will compromise the durability. One wrong touch and multiple connections will come out loose. I think that the base radiators that are used with Cosmos II Ultra Case and Water Cooling system are best in terms of functioning and sturdiness. If the 360 mm radiators that too three in number are used, the design will also need to have a sound compression function. The radiators are the most sound producing part in the system.

Again the weight will be an issue after the development is done. The weight will increase so much that that moving CPU just a bit for attaching a device or peripheral will become difficult. Forget picking the CPU and placing in another place. It will need two people to properly handle the CPU. According to above reply, durability will become an issue as the Cosmos II Ultra Case and Water Cooling system will lose its sturdiness after modification, portability of the CPU will become more difficult. One cannot expect the CPU to be in a single place for long periods of time without moving it.

To properly keep the temperature under control in the Cosmos II Ultra Case and Water Cooling system, it will take around 8 heart sensors to be placed around the system and 10 fan channels. The water flow system must be extremely large. To conclude this, the system will become so expensive that many people would prefer cheaper cooling units instead of Cosmos II.

Has anyone thought of cleaning the modified system if it is ever designed. The design will be so complicated that cleaning the dust and other contents will require a professionals help so that the connections of fans, radiators and other devices are not touched or harmed. Accumulation of dust will reduce the life off cooler extremely rendering it useless in period of a year or two.