Thread: Overclocking AMD FX-8150 processor

Overclocking AMD FX-8150 processor

Well following are the specifications that I am having for my system,
    gigabyte 990xa-ud3 mobo
    amd 8150 processor

2 gtx 480's graphics card
    Corsair 750 W PSU
    8 gig of ddr3 RAM

Right now I have decided to set my nb to 2.4 ghz with voltage upto 1.25V. while the cpu voltage is set to 1.33V and 4.5GHz respectively. On measuring the temperature it is anywhere around 56 degrees centigrade which made me think that is this the ideal temperature or will I have to bring the voltage down? That’s what I want to know. Anyways what’s your idea about the same can you all tell me.

Re: Overclocking AMD FX-8150 processor

Setting the Vcore to less than 1.3V for 4.5GHz would be the ideal voltage for you. Do try if you can go below that. If you succeed then you don’t have to worry for the rising temperatures inside your amd. I am very eager to know with which temperature mapping mechanism have you measured the temperature? Where some of them do throttle on thir own. Hence we can’t get to know about the exact figures inside the system. However to cool down the temperatures inside the system ensure that your system has a good airflow inside the cabinet such that there are some changes in the temperature. I hope you did got what I am trying to say here. so these are the small suggestions that I have given you. Hope that was clear for you. That’s it from my side for you.

Hi I have attached a snapshot of the image that I have given here. Probably after having a look at the snapshot you will be get to know about the exact situation and this is the image that I have taken when my machine was at 4.3GHz.

Hi this is the guide that you should read out where in you will get all the necessary details about the AMD FX overclocking. A must read guide for beginners like you. I hope this does helps.