Thread: Is it worth using modded bios on Asus P5Q series board

Is it worth using modded bios on Asus P5Q series board

I had found on some forums using modded bios for Asus P5Q series board. This includes the pro, deluxe and premium version also. As per the information I had read it showed that the modded bios is capable of improving the motherboard performance. I need some help on the same.

Re: Is it worth using modded bios on Asus P5Q series board

Those are custom mods not officially provided by the company. So if you are planing to run any of those do that on your own risk. But for a backup you can download the updated bios from official site and keep as a second solution. Incase you face any error you can restore the old bios back.

It is right that sometime custom bios can cause issue. I had seen this are called as mBioses. This are for p5Q series board which is available for download on some forums. They predict that the new custom bios can offer a better memory compatibility. This means you can work with higher memory modules here. Also it fixes cpu support. That means that processor will respond better and give out expected output. But in my view I will recommend you to for a updated bios from official site only. Those are reliable always. You can give a try to the current bios and if it does not work you can restore the original bios of your board. It is not recommended to flash the bios if you have a new motherboard.

I do not know till anyone has tested that modded bios for Asus P5Q. The bios clams to provide certain kind of fix for this series of motherboard. I think this is done for overclocking purpose.

The custom bios is not available for download. I had tried to find the download on many places, but yet nothing is found. The bios claims to give better voltage support which in-return can give stable overclocking. I do not really understand what is done by the bios. But is for sure that the cpu voltage regulation is improved to an extent. I will advice to go for this bios update only if you are looking for better cpu clocking support. This is what many recommends when you are going to push your cpu at a greater clock rate. Anyhow you can also increase your fsb limits with the modded bios. There is a risk in modifying your current bios which should be done with great precaution. There are certain procedure that you must follow up before doing changes and always keep your backup ready. Remember that in some board modding bios means voiding the hardware warranty. So do refer the documentation before doing this.

In case if you face any error while flashing bios then there are two things you can try. First set the system to default values. Second clear your cmos and reboot your system. If still it does not boot restore your old bios.

mBios is a modded version of asus p5q board. It is being provided on some site. mBIos allows you to enhance your system overclocking performance. But it is recommended that if your cpu does not support overclocking you must not play with it. There are some custom mods on web that can help you for the same. Before that you can use occt tool to test your system. It will create a virtual environment of overclocking and look that your system can withstand overclocking or not. This is the best thing you can do before doing any major changes to your system.

It will surely help to gain better ram frequency. I had seen some of the user given positive feedback on mbios update.