Thread: Blue screen when running Benchmark after overclocking

Blue screen when running Benchmark after overclocking

I just started getting into computer and this is my first new build. I have successfully done the CPU overclocking using my BIOS settings. Now I went to run the benchmark with prime 95. While running I first got the Blue screen then the pc automatically restarts. It only happens when I overclock over 4.0. Anything below it runs stable. Temps are normal and there is no sign of overheating. Then what could be the cause? I am using Intel Core processor.

Re: Blue screen when running Benchmark after overclocking

You can also try manually overclock, which is very simple:
    Go to the BIOS, you do this by pressing the delete key after turning on your PC. Then click the top right on Exit / Advanced Mode, Advanced Mode. Then go to AI tweaker, where you change the following settings:
    • Ai Overclock Tuner = Manual
    • BCLK / PCIE Frequency = 100.0
    • CPU Voltage = Offset (+0.0)

Finally go to the Advanced tab:
    • CPU Ratio = 45

Then your CPU running at 4500 MHz, which it probably can handle. Give me a shout if it succeeded, because we'll just have to check the voltages and temperatures.

While the temperatures are good then the whole system should run good. Although a higher voltage affects the life course, this is probably irrelevant. Processors go easy and not a problem. For Sandy Bridge CPU I would also hold a maximum of 1.4 V for 24/7 use. Optionally, you can still play a little with the offset. You can send automatic voltage a bit and get him as low as possible.

AS far as I know that each CPU is different, so it is very difficult to get a good automatic overclocking function to make. It will never be with all CPUs and work well in all cases. I think that your PC always on the clock frequency to work late. Since it is desirable in your case. You have to run the Intel Burn Test to make sure that it is stable. Otherwise you may soon suddenly get a BSOD at a time where it is absolutely not true.

I think that your memory is the culprit, if you take the reference clock speed test, so does the memory clock. So just change the times or increase dram voltage divider.

What kind of memory (type, frequency, latency) do you have?

Most DDR2 bars need the specification from 1.8 to 2.2 V, more than 2.2 V 2.3 V possibly would not risk in everyday life.

Can you tell me what you have actually changed in this case? If you are setting getting Blue Screen, try following things. One of these might help you to solve the problem.
    • Block the PCI-E frequency to 100MHz
    • Increase the FSB by 10/20MHz
    • Apply the correct ration FSB / DRAM in order to have the frequency of your RAM at 800MHz or less
    • Reboot and do a stability test at each increase of the FSB
    • If not boot or blue screen or fail the stability test you increase the V-Core to the next level.

I think that you need to give some more voltage in order to bring the CPU back at stable condition when it is at 4.0 clock speed. No matter whether you use Intel processor or AMD processor. It is always recommended to set the proper voltage in order to run the CPU cool and stable.

A blue screen of death happens when the core Windows OS cannot recover from an error and the only action that a user can perform is to reboot losing all unsaved work, the status of all currently running programs and jeopardizing the integrity of system files and files created with Windows themselves. At this point you may lose all data on hard disks managed by Windows and its file system NTFS or FAT 16/FAT 32. The information displayed on the blue screen of death is not sufficient to determine the error. The display only displays the point at which the code failed, that in most cases can be completely different from the point where the error was caused, causing the error detection difficult.