Thread: Stable results After overclocking AMD FX-8120P

Stable results After overclocking AMD FX-8120P

I really get excited after seeing stable results on the AIDA64 Extreme Edition benchmark section regarding AMD’s new giant called Bulldozer processor. It takes me much time to know about hardware and tweaking. Now I managed to get stable 4.8GHz overclock and the results are also excellent. FX-8120P delivers very good results for reasonable price. I hope that it will really gonna help me much in some multimedia task and multithreading functionality.

Re: Stable results After overclocking AMD FX-8120P

It would have been bad compared to the i5 2500K sad thing is that even this processor beats being cheaper, not even price the FX 8120 saved at least have the consolation that architecture promises, and that may Bulldozer 2 and the new more polished architecture, we could see better results as well as at the time was grim Phenom to Phenom II with a more than good performance in relation to its price.

However, for a daily, usually tends not to exceed the threshold of 4.2/4.5GHz: this is a little good 'for all CPU (the ones that come to us at those frequencies) as well as the threshold, the efficiency decreases and performance benefits are not in line with the consumer.

It has proved a very important difference in performance in almost all benchmarks, and in many cases even ludicrous, when the Intel platform in its rated speed without overclocking AMD manages to beat the running 4800mhz.

Do not forget that we are comparing components of a price fair, the processor with the motherboard to use in testing for the Intel platform has a cost higher than the AMD platform, because this difference in performance, would be shortened to some extent by the price factor, but as I said earlier, both point to the same market segment, and is enthusiastic player and overclocker.