Thread: How to build worthy rig with current cost

How to build worthy rig with current cost

Considering the present status of the price of computers on the price list, I am planning to build my own gaming rig. As I am a gamer I always wanted a pc that could be capable of playing computationally demanding video games. So I think this is the time I should start thinking about it. I have listed the requirements for developing it but now I need to know it from you all people. According to you what configuration should I use to build my rig. No doubt I am going to use Intel i5 2500K.

Re: How to build worthy rig with current cost

Hey friend even I am planning to go on to make an Intel i5 2500K rig. In fact I have already made the configuration by consulting my other friends. I did lot of R and D’s just to reach over this configuration. Here is the list of some hardware and software configuration. Hope you will agree with it:-

• CPU+MB: Intel i5 2500K+P67/Z68 chipsets $XXX
    • MEM: G.SKILL Dual-channel 4GBx2 can already(cheapest ram?)
    • GFX: Might w8 for new one out and buy the old model or at least GTX560 ti
    • SSD: get the the cheapest and abt 60GB
    • ODD: Cheapest one can already
    • PSU: Hope can get 600W/650W heard Seasonic is good, but not sure
    • CASE: One window side panel (can at least place 7~10 fans, 5~6 HDD/SDD holder
    • Cooler: (no idea to go for stock or aft market)
    If you need to know about the Monitor and mouse I am going to buy then here it is:-

• Monitor: 20~22 inchs IPS
    • Mouse: Razer deathadder/abyuss

Hey anyone here who can let me know how can I do the over clocking? I have not yet bought a pc. Initially my brother had a computer and he use to overclock his processor frequently, when asked him about the reason for over clocking he said that it increases the processing and performance of the hardware and the system, so can you help me out in letting me know about the best configuration of pc which especially suits Overclocking? I mean it should not hang or create any problem at any moment.

For over clocking, according to me any configuration can suit best. But just remember to get the processor of intel. Because I heard somewhere that over clocking in intel is very much simple and best. Especially the person like you who is totally unaware about overclocking should go on with intel processor. Over clocking can be done by changing your computer’s bios settings.

I agree with the above post. Even I recommend you to go on with any configuration but for overclocking definitely you should get an intel processor that too intel i5 2500k processor. Anyways I have mentioned the configuration for your pc if liked then definitely let me know I will try to get it for you in cheaper rate too.

• CPU+MB: Intel i5 2500K + Msi P67A-G45 – 437
    • MEM: G.SKILL Dual-channel 4GBx2 – 52
    • GFX: Msi Gtx560Ti TFII – 330
    • SSD: Adata S510 – 150
    • ODD: Hp 1260I – 26
    • PSU: Fsp Aurum 600W - 130.
    • CASE: Xigmatek Asgard Pro – 75
    • Cooler: Xigmatek Gaia – 39
    • Monitor: Acer S221HL – 184

Over clocking your computer is too simple if you are surely going to do it with intel processor. Here are the steps for overclocking:-

1. First, Boot the computer into the BIOS screen.
    2. Increase FSB speed in 5-10MHz increments.
    3. To see that the system still can boot into windows properly, try rebooting after each increment. If any errors found while booting eg. If System crashed or hanged just increase the memory voltage and then try again.
    4. Keep doing it until and unless the system is unable to boot further into windows, later on come back to the safe settings.
    5. Just remember that the processor’s temperature is less than 70 degree Celsius.
    6. Mark the overclocked system and compare. If the system is not up to the mark or crashes, either you try to reduce the FSB setting or increase voltages and try again.
    7. Once a fully benchmarked overclocked setting is achieved, run the Prime95 stress test for a couple of hours to verify that the system is generally stable. Enjoy the free additional performance.

If asked me even I would suggest you the same configuration as mentioned above but the only thing that didn’t go according to me is the Msi motherboard. For intel i5 processor if asked anyone they would suggest you Gigabyte. I had a bitter experience with Msi. Even if you want to stick with Msi then I would say to go on with G55 or G65 other than G45.

Better go with Asus motherboard or Gigabyte. At this moment I guess asus and gigabyte are the first priority of everyone whereas Msi and Asrock are at the second place. My personal view point goes with the same above ranking. But I think Asrock has improved a lot and have jumped since the P55 period. There are possibilities that Asrock can take over both Asus and Gigabyte in terms of quality. But anyways, you can’t go wrong with a Asus P8P67 Pro, Evo, Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 (B3 or G3).