Thread: What to if overclocking does not remains stable

What to if overclocking does not remains stable

I want here to share some information related to unstable overclocking. I am not able to figure out why this is not happening. I had tried m best to explain the same in as much detail as I can. At start when I found the stability issue I had upgraded my psu. I added a 1000w psu which has cost me much. I though high voltage psu might help me to keep the system stable at a longer time. I also have two gpu's which are running on Sli mode on the motherboard. Other than this I had added a liquid cooling support. Anyhow my rig is quit costly. I own a Intel Core i7 processor. I want it it push to 52Ghz @ 1.4v. I am really satisfied with this. But don't know why due to some reason this is not working at all. The stability does not remain for more than hours. It worked well in the last 2 months. I had used my system 24x7 some weeks and I never had this issue. But suddenly after sometime the system starts freezing. The voltage keeps dropping in overclocking. What can be the reason behind this. My PSU is new, the entire system is new then also the voltage drops.

Re: What to if overclocking does not remains stable

You cannot just blame the psu only here. You had not mentioned what is the psu make. The voltage fluctuation can be due to various reason. It can be due to improper configuration or too much heating in the system. Check that your system has proper cooling or your cooler is working fine. Liquid cooling needs maintenance after a set of time period and I think that is the place where system is lacking. Try to reconfigure the cooler and then try back.

There are many reasons behind a stable overclocking. The vcore is not the only matter here. I will recommend you to check properly that your system has overclocking stability or not. You can do that by using OCCT or Prime95. This software provides you report after several hours of testing that your system is stable for overclocking or not. You must have do this before. The reason is that due to some reason the quality degrades. Anyhow when the system is overclocked and pushed above pressure the cpu life degrades while result in unstable overclocking after a few time. You can do one thing hear. Update your bios and let the system run on default clock rate for sometime. With the help of bios overclock the system gain. Do not go for any unofficial third party tool. There are various bugs in them which can cause other problems also.

Vcore is affected when there is no proper power sources or when there is too much pressure. You can start again by reducing it and then increasing the vcore.