Thread: Sound glitch in BattleField 3 due to unstable AMD Phenom II 955 Overclocking

Sound glitch in BattleField 3 due to unstable AMD Phenom II 955 Overclocking

My gaming rig is installed with Phenom II 955. Currently it was running well. After installing the BF3 I assume that I need more power and so I decided to overclock the system to 4Ghz. So I did it but when I try to play the game I have noticed that there is something wrong. It looks like the sound glitches out with the screeching. Sometimes the system also going to freeze. I really don’t know about perfect voltages and other stuff. How can bring back the system to stable condition even at 4 GHz?

Re: Sound glitch in BattleField 3 due to unstable AMD Phenom II 955 Overclocking

Stability issues always comes in system when there is overheating. If the CPU temperatures reaches over the normal then there is always chance that system freezing unexpectedly. Moreover while gaming the system resources will get used heavily and due to this there is always a chance of rising temps. So it could be better if you keep monitor the core temps using a good program like Prime95 or something like that. It will always help you to know about the issue. 4GHz is normal for the processor and even for the game.

Re: Sound glitch in BattleField 3 due to unstable AMD Phenom II 955 Overclocking

If you simply increased the CPU multipliers as well as kept the voltage at stock you won't have a stable PC since your processor is unstable. Either increase the voltage (you need to do it CAUTIOUSLY if you're doing it for the first time) otherwise decrease the multiplier to a stable level where you don't want to lift up the voltage, which would only be a slight boost. AS told in the above post always make use of Prime 95 behind you mess with your multiplier/voltage settings to make sure that you’re all time

I don’t know much about this but I have overclocked it 3.5 GHz. You can easily overclock it using BIOS in which you stable and better than anywhere. Make sure that you have proper guide in your Hand as well as exact voltages. Make sure that Vcore voltages are at accurate.

I have successfully overclocked my 955BE to 4.0 GHz at stock voltage. Other than this I have also overclock my Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II to 750 MHz. These are overclocked and accumulated with Corsair VX-550 without any problem. Other than this most importantly my system has the CM Hyper 212+ as well, fan is Nexus Real Silent LED. PSU is 550w which is enough to power up the system. I am looking forward more room to install more Fans. So far I didn’t get any issues with the system stability.

Overclocking the Phenom II X4 955 was much more deadly than X4 940. This CPu does not seems to be pushed much far, no matter what voltage you put on it. I anticipated to at least being able to find 4GHz from it but I was wrong. I thought that I can do it as I done with my older 940. If the multiplier set to over x18.5 , there is no chance that system will boot. Even after raising the voltage, NB and the HT I could not find much from it. FSB locks at 205Mhz if I try to push more. After several try I finally found a stable overclock were 3.795GHz at 1.5v along with memory speeds of 1366MHz at 7-7-7-20 timings.

Sound glitch could be because of the system running at unstable condition at unstable speed. May be the CPU could not be able to process the game as quickly as possible. So it could be lagging the game but you wouldn’t able to notice in image since you might be using the high end GPU but you can hear the lag in sound. To make it proper just reset what you overclocked before and do not pass over 4GHz.

If that's at rest stable @ 1.325v @ 4ghz you have got a actually excellent processor and is a great product, ensure to run a prime for few hours to check for stability as there's not anything poorer than a BSOD while playing BF3

Currently I am utilizing AIDA64 in order to check temps and CPU-Z to make a note on voltages. Other than this I am also checking my CPU using 2 good programs and they are Prime95 and OCCT. Yesterday I need to increase vcore for the reason that my CPU became stable under 1.35V. Later after several configuration and mods I am able to run it stable on 1.425V @ 4GHz and running BF3 at 64C.

I have heard that the BF3 needs High definition Sound. I know that on normal or integrated sound chip you can hear average or may be good sound but if you want to get the real experience it is recommend getting HD sound drivers.