Thread: Overclocking Asus AT3N7A-1

Overclocking Asus AT3N7A-1

I wonder if I could help. I lately purchased a Mini ITX board Asus AT3N7A-1 and plan to make use of it for a HTPC, this might overclock to acquire enhanced results and if so, I'm going to run Microsoft Flight Simulator and have noticed that the graphics are a modest judder. I am able to get this better.

Re: Overclocking Asus AT3N7A-1

That board is not to overclock at all. Particularly with an Atom CPU. You be able to make sure in the BIOS by pressing Delete on startup, although really there is no hesitation that overclocking options. Even if present still would not be much earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Aileya View Post
    That board is not to overclock at all. Particularly with an Atom CPU. You be able to make sure in the BIOS by pressing Delete on startup, although really there is no hesitation that overclocking options. Even if present still would not be much earlier.
    There is a man here who put their 1.6 GHz atom to 1.9 GHz, I think there is much to us, but his slow cpu did wonders and challenging that helps in video playback.

Thanks, I still do not know how though. I guess I have to change the settings in the BIOS, but whatever. I have read on the net that you can overclock, but cannot find any help in the configuration.

Yes, I have one of those for my car and did everything to Google while trying to find decent recipe for a stable overclock Asus AT3N7A-I, but all I could find was Mumbo-jumbo useless, some examples of what the job done, even on my hardware .For about 2 minutes before my system went dark .

so at the end of the day had to come to my own solution and it's good enough for me (so far), so I thought I share it, it might be good enough for someone else. Or maybe someone will look and tell me if I did something wrong in any case. Anyway, here it is:
    • "FSB Clock"
    • "Memory Clock"
    • "System Clock Mode"

Quote Originally Posted by Makarios View Post
    Yes, I have one of those for my car and did everything to Google while trying to find decent recipe for a stable overclock Asus AT3N7A-I, but all I could find was Mumbo-jumbo useless, some examples of what the job done, even on my hardware .For about 2 minutes before my system went dark .

so at the end of the day had to come to my own solution and it's good enough for me (so far), so I thought I share it, it might be good enough for someone else. Or maybe someone will look and tell me if I did something wrong in any case. Anyway, here it is:
    • "FSB Clock"
    • "Memory Clock"
    • "System Clock Mode"
    I have replaced the CPU fan and I had to disable monitoring because it is only a 2-wire fan, I'm downloading right now, but will change the settings when finished. I also looked on the net but could not find anything, report later.

Forgot to mention that after overclocking the CPU did a bit overclock GPU also (currently 600 MHz core, Shader 1.4 GHz) and my system running for a few days as is and no constancy troubles, whatever. the whole thing seems to work extremely well, much improved than I expected. Now I'm quite surprised it was so easy to overclock and everything, and at the same time was very difficult to find online tips on how to do it.

I saw people are playing games with their new Atom Ion systems, not tried any games (except EVE Online - works fine), but atm I'm downloading Bioshock just to try. Let's see if an average HTPC can handle heavy weights on the scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Habiba22 View Post
    Forgot to mention that after overclocking the CPU did a bit overclock GPU also (currently 600 MHz core, Shader 1.4 GHz) and my system running for a few days as is and no constancy troubles, whatever. the whole thing seems to work extremely well, much improved than I expected. Now I'm quite surprised it was so easy to overclock and everything, and at the same time was very difficult to find online tips on how to do it.

I saw people are playing games with their new Atom Ion systems, not tried any games (except EVE Online - works fine), but atm I'm downloading Bioshock just to try. Let's see if an average HTPC can handle heavy weights on the scale.
    Have used the configuration of the CPU and so far no troubles, so thank you. I am interested in playing movies using xbmc I will try to increase the speed of the GPU using the configuration again. I may inquire a little more if I get stuck. Thank you very much for your help. Submit a report. One trouble I have is the image twisted from this discussion to my LCD TV with xbmc does not seem as strong as it could be a bit soft, perhaps I am.