Thread: Need suggestion about Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield overclocking.

Need suggestion about Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield overclocking.

I am trying to overclock my CPU from the last few days but yet I have not done this thing. After trying with the overclocking I am getting only Dummy OC that the Mobo does. And also what ever benefits I get from the Turbo mode. I am not getting here that what thing is causing me to not do this thing, whenever I try with the higher at that time my system just craps out. I am trying to overclock it higher then 3.2 GHz but after trying it become to the normal speed. When I try with the memory to run about the 1333 speeds, but at that times my system reboot again and again fopr resolving that I have to clear the CMOS to be able to get it up and running again. In this case, what you all guys think? Can anyone give me the proper information about this?

Re: Need suggestion about Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield overclocking.

Here I will suggest you to check out your RAM; if your RAM is running at the 1.5V then it might cause this problem. I am telling this thing because it needed the 1.65V for max rated speed, so here try bumping with this speed if you are not.

Hey sorry friends, I am not having the same mobo, but I am having the Gigabyte GA-EX58-Extreme, but here I am having the Core i7-920 and it was messing around the last night. And during this thing I can notice that I had missed multiple times was the multiplier for the Northbridge, QPI multiplier. I don’t think that this is realt6ed with the Gigabyte only or not, for this thing I have to go to the setting the timings all manually even though the values don't change. And here in this case, I have not the same RAM as you are having. And here I have to back down to 8x multi and run around 1333 when this thing happens to me. And then I can also run 10x for 1600ish. And also I run my RAM at 1.640v.

I mean to ask to you that when I am trying with the ovcerclocking and at that time windows on the CPU is not loading like. Here I am getting it that I am not giving you all the proper information on that but here I can say that mem is causing me to hold back. Please suggest me any proper reasons for that.

In your cause I think that this will be the hardware limitation. I am telling this thing because I have also overclocked my buddy's i7 920 before few days and there I found that all things are running fine in my cause. For overclocking I have done only change BCLK to 166, save, and fired up Windows, nit even I do any change in the voltage but still all things are working fine. And also it ran Prime95 large FFTs for about 12 hours. In my cause it is having the memory ratio 1:3, so for that it is running with the 1000mhz. I think that with the help of the suggestion now you can easily figure out that what is causing you back.

Hi all friends, thanks you all for the replying on my problem. I will give you all the shots on this problem on these upcoming days, but not now because I am not having the free time for doing this thing. And also here in my case, I think that the problem is caused by the RAM only. And RAM only cause the system to get everything backup. And here RAM causes me to fail in the overclocking.

On this topic , I will suggest you to make sure that with bloomsfield, best bet is uncoreX=2memoryY+1. And also in this X and Y both are the multipliers. You can do the overclocking with them but here, also keep in mind that higher memory freq/uncore freq/BLCK/amount of ram the higher the QPI VTT also needed in this case. I know that you are trying with the overclocking and you are getting the problem over there. Check for my solution which I have given to you, I think that this might be issue in your case.

Hey all, thanks for suggesting me some good solution for overclocking my Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield. Here I get the proper solution for that and after trying with all the suggestion I came to know that the problem was relate with the hardware limitation. Thank for suggesting me about my hardware limitation.

I am also having the same Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield and was searching for the suggestion for overclocking. And after searching on the so many forums I got the suggestion over here. And here I can also see that there are users who has followed suggestion and got the proper result. So for that reason I have also decided to follow the suggestions which are here. After trying with them, if I found any of the problem then I will reply here back for resolving that problem.