Thread: Overclocking Intel E6550

Overclocking Intel E6550

I know much about this, but some of the serious technical stuff does not go much over my head. I’ve never overclocked a CPU before and try to look at, not necessarily at this point to a maximum overclock mainly just to practice and understand / learn how.Im not overclocking plans today as I am not finished reading and I'm sure I'll have more questions, but so far this is what I have. How is my system when it comes to overclocking? The amount of overclocking could get w / o touch voltages? Guess if possible?

System:
    • Cooler Master RC-310
    • Cooler Master 650 Pro
    • GA-P35-DS3L Rev 2.0 Bios F9 Board
    • 3 120mm fans
    • 750GB Seagate

Re: Overclocking Intel E6550

In general what you have seems right to me although I do not pretend to be a real over clocker. I have a bit of playing time, but I'm more interested in stability and I find that my system is fast enough for my needs anyway. From what I remember of the CPU that was a good year for overclocking and I believe we should be capable to go up to over 3GHz with no difficulty.

The main thing is to keep temperatures down.

1. He said he has a fan on the Northbridge if the FSB is over 333. I think I have a small fan that I can add to the report, if required.
    2. Memtest? Is this only if you overclock your Ram?
    3. If the minor overclock doing w / my ram still at 800 is there any need to raise the voltage of 1.8V, or proof of stability?
    4. I think my Vcore is set to 1316 according to the shot of the BIOS. Thus, for any amount of overclock, if you automatically set Vcore to 1.35?

1. I would just propose controlling the temperature in the NB and see if it needs any additional cooling /
    2. Memtest86 + will test the memory of the errors of any kind, not only for OCing. No need to stress if it remains stable, but it is likely that you have to.
    3. Once you will probably have to amplify the tension, but try a little at a time and see how it goes.

Distorted the bios settings that were enabled for the disabled in unity with the form of overclocking.
    1. 400 FSB
    2. PCIe @ 100 MHz
    3. Handicapped CIA2
    4. Get better the performance of the standard
    5. Memory multiplier to 2.00 for system memory

If not after removing CMOS battery for a minute or so and then reboot. Back to the BIOS and set all regular parameters. Am I correct here? Pulling the battery will fix everything and make the team again message.

Try it and observe. You have the correct user name to see if you can live in accordance with Wink You can never be 100% sure that nothing will work until you try. Often it is not and you have to return to the beginning and attempt the new settings. That is the fate Grin Good fun.

FSB chipset voltage surge (not really know the term here)? Anyway, is the # 1 thing to increase if you are overclocking the FSB (well, more closely aligned with the importance of increasing the voltage of the CPU).

MCH Northbridge voltage surge - this would be the next to increase if you can get your system stable with FSB and CPU voltages.DDR2 generally should not have to worry about the time that you are not superior to its default values (the best way to actually under clock it will have a head room).

PCIe should generally be left alone. No overvaulting overclocking and not. An alternative easier to remove the CMOS battery would clear CMOS (see manual of the motherboard if the motherboard has this option). In general, you have to connect 2 pins for a few seconds with, say, a screwdriver and must be cleaned later. Unplugging / off the power supply is also necessary.

Finally, do not look at temps idle, but load temperatures. Look around the net making it the highest voltage safety and temperature of the CPU. While stress can set the maximum safe temperatures should remain about 10 degrees below the maximum value. Right, good luck and remember to increase the tension and gradually values. Especially once you get to problems with stability.

His team is considered stable if you can run and do what you normally do without it falling more. You can run all the tests, etc. as the first burn as long as you feel you need, but the true test of whether it works every day without troubles

Intel Burn Test I be one of the nicer tools for stress testing the CPU. That is really about the temperature when running, however. I guess it's a good tool to see how capable the CPU cooler is also Grin

CPU warning temperature allows me in the BIOS. I have it set to 70 degrees with my CPU temperature 73 degrees maximum. One caution if something were to fail. With air cooling, the CPU fan can fail, for example. There's the fan fail warning option, too, but it works well for me. With more aftermarket cooler and a fan that spins much more slowly or even stops when the CPU has just been turned on it is not only trustworthy.

I tried to update a 429fsb x 7 = 3.0 GHz and the windows started fine. I have not changed any tension at all. I'm sure I'll have and that's what I'm playing now, but I think 429fsb is driving this system far enough for me right now. Also, my ram is overclocked to 858 MHz now. So from this point, I imagine I just want to attempt to get 429fsb stable. Yes they give me enabled CPU temp, nevertheless is set to 80C but may change at 70 ° C if it is better

Yes, I can push more than this E8500 no trouble, I think. I’m only 1.22V which seems a bit low, but ill definitely see .

Intel also ran test burns and the program is hardcore. Prime95 after 2 hours and I have only my temp’s 56c-57c up w / my mugen 2. Intel burn test I went high and got my temps up to 61c Shocked. That's a good stress test program