Thread: Building Gaming Chair by modding Gigabyte 8N SLI (1.1)

Building Gaming Chair by modding Gigabyte 8N SLI (1.1)

First, I am modding a PC game in a chair and I have a GA-8N-SLI (1.1) that recently bought and I'm getting some parts and pieces to equip this. I need to know some ideas about what kind of GPU and CPU work is first-rate with this board? In addition, thoughts the chair has speakers built

Re: Building Gaming Chair by modding Gigabyte 8N SLI (1.1)

I've seen these chairs before and I think the concept works very well though I imagine that within an SLI configuration, you can create a lot of heat that would be difficult to dispel. I know they say there is not much space underneath, but exactly how much we are talking, once sat on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryszard View Post
    I've seen these chairs before and I think the concept works very well though I imagine that within an SLI configuration, you can create a lot of heat that would be difficult to dispel. I know they say there is not much space underneath, but exactly how much we are talking, once sat on it?
    Yes, potentially a lot of heat, but I think it can be dissipated by spreading things a bit, basically spreading out the motherboard and drives through the seat base, possibly putting the power supply later in the left side and then the most central motherboard .A pair of aluminum plates, top and bottom, and a couple of fans around you must create a good air circulation. I think it's entirely feasible.

Here's a question, if I have the PC underneath me, and USB ports on the side then what kind of response I get from this type of keyboard? I would try to contain these articles do not necessarily stand out from the side. Speculate if I can do a pair of connections "concealed" USB at the frontage of the chair? I imagine it should not interfere.

Another trouble that I'm still trying to figure out is the internal speakers. Ideally, I have an internal amplifier that drives the speaker’s chair, but I do not have a plug next to it has to pass the cables back through the seat to power the speaker’s chair, which is only going to be ugly .I'd rather have an internal amplifier to power .Maybe I have to get a stereo amplifier PC-profit organization that has inputs and outputs through the back?

Quote Originally Posted by Olenka View Post
    Here's a question, if I have the PC underneath me, and USB ports on the side then what kind of response I get from this type of keyboard? I would try to contain these articles do not necessarily stand out from the side. Speculate if I can do a pair of connections "concealed" USB at the frontage of the chair? I imagine it should not interfere.

Another trouble that I'm still trying to figure out is the internal speakers. Ideally, I have an internal amplifier that drives the speaker’s chair, but I do not have a plug next to it has to pass the cables back through the seat to power the speaker’s chair, which is only going to be ugly .I'd rather have an internal amplifier to power .Maybe I have to get a stereo amplifier PC-profit organization that has inputs and outputs through the back?
    Yes, the chair is very easy to remove, apparently an imitation that has been imported to New Zealand in mass and, although not large materials is not as bad in its structure. I have the means to strengthen a bit, I work for a major manufacturing plant, and so having access to parts and pieces that help meet.

You will need some amplification of the speakers most computer sound cards do not have enough power themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by revolucioncg View Post
    You will need some amplification of the speakers most computer sound cards do not have enough power themselves.
    I really would not recommend the cooling system informed. The quality is just as good. By all means copy the system, but rather made use of pieces of copper tubes and good quality. There are many shops that offer what you need.

His enthusiasm is contagious and I've always been a lover of things modding

Well, obviously if you can afford an SSD is the way forward for storage. Will take any amount of rolling around and emits no heat or it would be an advantage considering the venue.

Any well known that water cooling parts should be fine. I know that you are not in the UK, but this is the place that I use and anything you can buy on this site is of good quality and very good for its purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    Well, obviously if you can afford an SSD is the way forward for storage. Will take any amount of rolling around and emits no heat or it would be an advantage considering the venue.

Any well known that water cooling parts should be fine. I know that you are not in the UK, but this is the place that I use and anything you can buy on this site is of good quality and very good for its purpose.
    I'm thinking of going for an SSD of my hard drive. It seems that it will work better considering moving the chair around. Just wondering what type of DVD drive you can use that works best with the move? I suppose a type of laptop, but it sure would make the best move? Again, ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Deepest BLUE View Post
    I'm thinking of going for an SSD of my hard drive. It seems that it will work better considering moving the chair around. Just wondering what type of DVD drive you can use that works best with the move? I suppose a type of laptop, but it sure would make the best move? Again, ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    Actually, I do not think it makes much difference with an optical drive because once the disc is inserted remained fairly steady. Just try not to jump around the room too