Thread: New Asus Pc fails in Overclocking, not Reaching 1600Mhz

New Asus Pc fails in Overclocking, not Reaching 1600Mhz

Hey all friends, recently I have bought the new PC at my home and it is working so fine but here I am having the problem while I am trying with the Overclocking. My system Is not reaching at the 1600Mhz. for that reason I have also tried with the many of the XMP profile but still this is not working in my case. Can anyone help me that what can I do over here for resolving my problem. And I have the hardware specs as:
    • Motherboard: Asus P6X58D-E MB
    • Memory: Corsair CMP6GX3M3A1600C8
    • Processor: Intel core I7.

Re: New Asus Pc fails in Overclocking, not Reaching 1600Mhz

First tell me that, Did the BIOS change the QPI to 1.4 at the time when you was trying with the setting the XMP Profile? If this thing happens to you then in this case you will need to be 1.4v. I am suggesting you this because my i7 was also acting like the same and for that I do as I have suggested to you. And also here I will suggest you for check your memory voltage to be sure the BIOS changed it to 1.65v. try with this all suggestion and hope that this will help in your case.

In this case I will recommend you for the going though the BIOS setup and also Load setup defaults. And then enable XMP Profile one and while doing this thing do not make any of the other changes to your system. After that exit the BIOS saving changes and Boot with a Boot disk. And if your system Is not stable then I will suggest you for set the CPU/QPI Voltage to 1.375-1.45.

Here also the same problem that failure in the Overclocking. But I am having some setting that might work in your case. Try with them, which are given as:-
    • SpeedStep: enabled
    • Turbo Mode: enacled
    • BCLK: 133
    • PCIE Frequency: 100
    • Dram Frequency: DDR3-1600MHZ
    • QPI/Dram Core Voltage: 1.40000
    • Dram Bus Voltage: 1.65

and before making this make sure that all other settings are in Auto

I will suggest that before going for the such type of the setting make sure that Turbo Mode or any other over clocking setting must be disabled or also you can set this all to the Auto. But here you did not need to load the setup defaults. And also I will recommend you to leave the speed step disabled.

I was thinking that this built is exciting as I can see the so many post on this built with the Gigabyte motherboards. Now I am having the so many of the problem. The first problem was that I can’t load the XMP profile and now that problem is that my Velociraptor HD died. For that reason I have bought the new HD and installed this to my system. Bu still I was trying with the different ram and cpu voltages and finally I get that it booted up in XMP profile. But in the next day I can see that while loading the application, this it crashed. And after checking I see that Temps had only risen two degrees and I thought that this was not the problem. I will keep playing with the temps, if someone here is having the good suggestion in this case then please suggest me back for that case.

Sure, I think that They are running at DDR1600 so If the system is constant I think depart it alone.

After trying with the suggestion this time I left the CPU voltage at 1.65. and after doibg this I can see that my system I s restarting after making the single beep in this case, and this thing was not happening to me before making this setting. Also I would like to say that I have followed the setting which is posted I the above post. And here I can see that now I am on the right way, and thins thing happens due to the system "aging”. And here in this case I would like to say thanks to all of you for suggesting me this thing. And here I am able to load the XMP profile with your suggestion.

Friend here you mean to say about the memory voltage right? And also you want to say that he CPU voltage will be about the 1.12 Volts. Here in this case I think that I need to check on the CPU/QPI Voltage of mine and see what happens and what is the actual voltage for the overclocking and then I will suggest you back for that. I would also reply you for the what it gets set to when XMP is enabled, with the CPU and also I will suggest you about the voltage in my case.

I think that this problem I related to your MB or with your CPU in that case. For that reason I will suggest you for contacting with the MB maker? And I am sure that they will help you.

Here I want to tell you that I am having the triple channel kit which is corsair cmp6gx3m3a1600c8. And in the setting I can see the XMP profile only temporarily hold with three modules. For that reason only I have I also tried with the running the one ram module a time and also I have disclosed the slot A1 circuitry fault in the hope that this will help in my case.

Here in your case I would like to know that how many modules do you have in the system? I am asking you this thing because modules should be installed in slots A1, B1 and C1. First make sure with this and then proceed for the above steps.