Thread: How BIOS and Cupid vCore frequency are different from each other

How BIOS and Cupid vCore frequency are different from each other

Performing a stable overclocking is really not easy. There is some strange I started noticing when begin this all overclocking work. At start while playing some games it work nicely. But later on I started getting blue screens. I have an Intel Core i7 cpu. The cpu works well till 3.25 ghz. I installed some software to check the vCore. But the value differs what I see in Bios and what I see in Cpuid. Why this so. Which one is not properly showing the result. I think the fluctuation vCore value is the reason which is causing blue screen on my system. I am not able to find any proper solution which can make this stable. Did my overclocking settings are wrong. What can I do to make this thing stable on an single point.

Blue screens are constantly appearing now when the system is overclocked. I think the motherboard is not properly able to manage the overclocking frequency. Does a bios update can give a fix for this.

Re: How BIOS and Cupid vCore frequency are different from each other

There are many other tools that you can try to get the exact values. It can be due to the measuring inaccuracy of a program even bios can be responsible for the same. Before overclocking you must have run OCCT tool which test your system for stability. I think there are many motherboards that have special feature you can use to control the vcore. In the bios itself the properties can be changed. As per the blue screen issue, I can say that your cpu gets heated at the time of overclocking which causes sudden crash. Do not overclock keep the system to work like that for some time only and then see. If it crashes on its own then there is definitely some issue and you will have to run a bios update. Also keep an eye on the cpu temperature. You must know that overclocking draws a great power and if you do not have a enough power supply to handle this then you can destroy your system. Power supply above 500w is recommended but for basic overclocking only. Other than this if you have a graphic card, cpu cooling fans, etc then you need much higher. At the time of overclocking the more cooler the cpu remains, the better system works.

Re: How BIOS and Cupid vCore frequency are different from each other

The temp goes up when the frequency rises, because the CPU performs more cycles per second. So I think the cpu is heating which is causing the crash.