Thread: Temperatures and Overclocking for Sapphire HD6950 1GB

Temperatures and Overclocking for Sapphire HD6950 1GB

Hello friends I need help for the temperature and the overclocking for the Sapphire and I want to know what’s the temperature on which it would be running nicely and also can I get some steps for the overclocking this Sapphire HD6950 1GB please help me out of this. Suggest some steps and a proper temperature which is fine for the Sapphire HD6950 1GB?

Re: Temperatures and Overclocking for Sapphire HD6950 1GB

Ok friend I would like to tell you about my personal experience once what I did and lets see if you can get any help with this. Ok so it was like I use I used MSI Afterburner to monitor and Sapphire Trixx to oc and then the stress test was used with this and it was done form the TPU an GPU tool. What I have been using is the 10MHZ increments and then than I set the fan for the 80% fixed. And then the test was ran for 1 min after each increment and then as I reached to the 880mhz I kept on running the test and then the screen went black and then automatically recovered. Once the test was just stuck and the temp was around 75c and then it loaded up to 97 to 99%. And then when I did run bigger games everything was very awesome and it was running the best. And the proper volt running would be around 70 to 80 I think and that would be the right one and if exceeding that then only you would be needing to have overclocking an all.

Well this has been very commonly asked question and have been described many time you can search for the overlocking steps on the google and then I can say that the important thing is whats should be temperature so my personal views says it can be anything under 90 would be fine.

Would like to share my personal view about this and would be hoping that this gives you some help and it is like i have been managing to do the overclock with the card up with the 950MHz core and 1300MHz memory, and that has been very impressive for me, but i haven't had a better luck with the overclocking AMD's previous HD 6000 series cards, same procedure havent resulted the same so i am wondering that would this be the problem with you to and so i am not feeling like to tell you to do the overclocking with this card. and i don think that this is an minor overclocking the core saw an 18% boost alone. And still if you would be needing to do this then i would say that dont just try to do this with the steps mentioned online try to get some help form your friend or anyone who have been able to do this successfully in real.