Thread: Overclocking Phenom II X6 1055T on GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5

Overclocking Phenom II X6 1055T on GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5

On Asus M4A89TD Pro/USB3 it was extremely simple to overclock the 1055T in the direction of 3900 MHz. However the Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 is somewhat else. I have recently installed the 1055T on this motherboard. Whatever I do I am not able to go beyond 3500 MHz. I have also raised the Vcore toward 1.650 volts devoid of whichever success! Right now I am on bios F5B; at rest the vdroop is awful. What can I do now?

Re: Overclocking Phenom II X6 1055T on GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5

I got my 1055T super stable at 4.2 GHz ... It is of course entirely dependent on what your CPU can, but you should test. Everything as low as possible and then put your fsb toss. So how high you can get is also dependent on the quality of your motherboard. You might also need to find a better cooling if you want to continue, because the H50 is nothing special.

I'm no expert but AMD's "fundamentals" are the same, since your processor has a locked multiplier you will need to raise the bus. Then enter the BIOS and raises and lowers the bus all the other so as to have the multiplier frequency HT, the Northbridge and RAM @ stock Deller. To get to 3.5 Ghz with your processor you have to set the bus at 250Mhz, should be enough for that frequency 1.4 v to set it a little higher security v 1.45, save the BIOS settings and log into windows.
    If you are trying to lower the vCore stable and repeat driving. Now you can go NorthBridge the OC, the maximum voltage is the Northbridge vCore - 0.05, you should get about 2.6 to 2.8 GHz but does not tell you how voltage. As with any change to the processor re-run the leadership to stress. Now raises the multiplier of the ram and stability controls.

When I did the OC to the process, I really up to 1666 but the history is not because I get the Message, and I lower it to 200 again, now that I've tried is alo touch only the memories, the timings and voltage without touching anything else and when I lower them to 1333. Nothing I appreciate the help dude but do not you too rays with this, as I get that or find someone with the same plate and the same processor and OC that made you not going to find a solution.

Each CPU is different and behaves differently, since you have yourself ran tasted and "meet" your CPU.

Increasing the CPU voltage, the CPU can cause irreparable damage. When increasing the CPU voltage increases the operating temperature. For sufficient cooling should be provided. Always take your temperature with Core Temp (work material), keep in mind. Operating more than 65C should not have a CPU permanently. Also, I would expect on a CPU time not more than 1.375 V core voltages, since an increase in the lifetime of a CPU VCore drops.

Just follow the below procedure for successful overclocking.

In the BIOS set the voltage higher by one step and then check whether the unstable mode with default VCore is now stable. If not, as long as each increase by one step, until it is stable at the said time.

Now you can find out more and make as much time with this VCore is feasible. The process is the same as already in default VCore.

If the CPU is not easy despite voltage increases more, so you must come to terms with it. At this point it also said that it is not worthwhile, for 50 MHz more, again to give a little more excitement, because the performance increase is quite low due to 50 MHz. Here outweigh the disadvantages of increased power consumption, higher temperature and reduced life span due to increased Vcore.