Thread: Plugging case fan into the header of GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 motherboard

Plugging case fan into the header of GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 motherboard

Recently I have purchased a new system with GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 motherboard. Now I want to plug a case fan into the header. But I don’t know what exactly it means. Is it safe to plug the case fan to the header? I don’t have much idea about it. I also checked the motherboards manual but I didn’t understand anything as nothing about this was mentioned in it. Well this is my first motherboard. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Please help me regarding this.

Re: Plugging case fan into the header of GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 motherboard

In my view you can connect the fan to the header. You can connect the case fan or any extra fan with it. Let me tell you that it is always better to power your fans either directly from the PSU or from a fan controller. Well I think you can do a google search on this issue and get more information regarding this. I hope my suggestion is valuable to you.

Yes you can do it. If you are having two fans then make sure that you are running them from the same controller otherwise it could create problems to you. It could be like one is going faster and the other one is a bit slower. This is applicable if you are using any push or pull type of setup. Please mention what type of setup you will use?

Well as you have asked case fan is the fan that controls the temperature of the CPU. A lot of heat is generated by the CPU and fan cools the CPU. Make sure that you have enough space to do that. You might require changing the BIOS of the system. You can make changes in the BIOS by entering the BIOS setup. You need to keep pressing F2 button just after restarting the pc. This way you will enter the BIOS set up.

Make sure that you go for a 12 V fan and are compatible with the system. If you want your fan to be silent and more effective then go for Nautua fan. While purchasing the fan you can also ask the hardware person to guide you on the same. Ask them to give you a manual. In the manual do’s and don’ts are mentioned. The manual will guide you properly about how to set up the fan, where and all.