Thread: Intel I7 930 unable to reach at 4.2 GHZ

Intel I7 930 unable to reach at 4.2 GHZ

I was overclocking my processor and it had reach till 3972 GHZ and after that when I was trying to reach to 4.2 I’m having the problem with it. I’m having I7 930 with DDR3 RAM. My frequency control for cpu about 4200MHZ and the cpu host frequency is set to auto and cpu clock skew 0 ps and I had even disable the spread spectrum. Please help me regarding this issue I had tried many things but dint get anything. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Intel I7 930 unable to reach at 4.2 GHZ

Even I’m having the Intel I7 930 and I’m having the problem in keeping the system cool. I had done all the setting with my BIOS and at 3.67GHZ I WAS ON THE 41IDLE AND LOAD WAS ABOUT 81. I’m currently using cooler of corsair H50. Can anyone suggest me to how to get the system cool? I had even applied the arctic silver 5 which is fitted behind the center of the CPU to get the system cool. Thanks in advanced any suggestion would be appreciated.

You can even try the different method by combining the feature which usually obtains the heat much. You can even try to add the 121mm exhaust fan at the edge of the case and then turn the vcore little bit down which will lower the temperature at about 72c. if that doesn’t work then you should change the heat sink and then jumble the bios setting. if you dint get it work then search on net for different solution you will surely going to get it.

I don’t know how to do this over clocking as I’m pretty much new to over clocking and bios setting. For most of the setting you need a high temperature. And if it get too much heated then bump the vchore. You must try to back off your memory timing and then try to get your CPU stable and after that try for the timing that you want. You can even set vtt to the auto and then just check if you are able to get the windows. I think so 1.3 core is much enough for the 4.2.

You must clear the bios and then search for the setting which clocks you for about 4.4 GHZ. And for the cooler master you will get the v8 and then check your ram which should be about 1600MHZ. and then boot your pc and if it won’t get boot then there is the problem with the cpu VTT voltage which might be at +125mv so for the CPU pll VCORE you just give the value of about 1.26v and even try the option for qpi frequency.

Well I had never used the CM V-10 but I had used the TEC cooler. And then check your ram and if it is set as per the manufacture then you should only worry about the VCORE and you may need the VCORE about 1.425v but at this voltages you must keep the track of your system temperature. You must increase the VCORE by 1 click at one time and then safe and reboot the system and then check the post and when you get the windows then you test by making use of prime95 and if you fail in that test then you need more VCORE.