Thread: Bios help:-overclock Intel i7 970 at 4.3 GHZ on GA-X58A-UD7 MOBO

Bios help:-overclock Intel i7 970 at 4.3 GHZ on GA-X58A-UD7 MOBO

I had built my own Mac hak pro and having an i7 which is running stable to the 4.2GHZ. Everything is working well but now I had decided to upgrade my system and had installed a new i7 970 Intel processor and even a new koolance CPU-370 water block. I had readed somewhere the water block usually drop the temperature for about 3 to 4c lower. Well I’m searching bios for this particular configuration. Thanks in advanced for your help.

Re: Bios help:-overclock Intel i7 970 at 4.3 GHZ on GA-X58A-UD7 MOBO

For overclocking it you just need to increase the BCLK as the Intel usually locks most of the multiplier that the user can set and these are the only things which determine the speed of the processor. So now you must test the system to make sure that you are starting with the fully stable system and after that you just need to check the maximum BCLK and after that find the maximum overclock for the CPU. By doing this you will be going to face very much less complexity.

Before you start doing anything with the bios you must disable the setting for the bios which may cause the stability of your problem including overclocking which is cpu spread spectrum which usually reduce the interface with different electrical equipment which is nearby and it usually maximize the overclocking. So it’s better to disable this particular feature but I think it won’t be going to harm your system anyhow.

I don’t know much about this but I had only over clocked the i5 and above. Just cross check your voltage data and you need to keep track of it and then start increasing your BCLK frequency for about three or four times about 11 minutes. If you had pass then you must continue and if you had fail then you need to increase the vcore if you are allowed to do so. You can change the system memory multiplier to x8 and memory frequency to 1600 MHz. this will help you.

You can do so by raising your FSB to the designated number and if FSB is stable you can make a use of prime 95 and it will really going to work for you according to your configuration and even try to decrease the frequency of your ram before you try to raise your FSB but if you raise your FSB then your ram frequency will also get raised and if the ram frequency had being increased to much then it will result to memory overloading.

if you know about your maximum BCLK then you can easily overclock your cpu. To do this you have lots of option to do so. For this you must return to the load line calibration which will going to help you in reducing the vdroop and its worth to overclock your system by disabling the power saving feature which is usually a CIF and speed step. You can even try to do the over clocking with the turbo boost and this will surely going to help you a lot.