Thread: Setting FSB on overclock gpu for gaming

Setting FSB on overclock gpu for gaming

Hi,
    For an overclocking stuff it is recommended to increase the fsb also. I faced a lot lagging issue on my pc while playing games. At last I concluded to overclock my processor to increase the systems performance. But for the same I need help to understand how all stuff works. I had some tools which I downloaded from internet for overclocking. But cannot figure out that will be better. Also I had gone through some articles which says that overclocking can burn my processor.

Re: Setting FSB on overclock gpu for gaming

There is a system bus speed, which sets the motherboard. This is called as the FSB. For example 200Mhz. And there is the CPU multiplier, it is the CPU frequency which is calculated like this. FSB x multiplier = 200 x 11 = 2100Mhz. 11 is cpu frequency. To find information on your fsb and cpu frequency you can use Everest or you can simply check all the same in BIOS. To read them, simply click the Startup PauseBreak on the keyboard. But still it is more convenient to watch out in Everest or CPU-Z.

There are some points which are needed to be determined before overclocking. First there must be multi core processors. Second is the cooling of cpu and the motherboard fsb support that can handle maximum fbs. With that you need better RAM support and last a great amount of power. It is a matter of taste. I recommend to define the limit of your CPU from the Program, and then record these values ​​in the Bios. The most versatile programs currently are SysTools and SetFSB.

Overclocking is performed by increasing the FSB. As the factors of modern processors are fixed in an upward direction so you can only decrease the same. The fact is that the memory is also tied to the bus or fsb. So if you increase the fsb thus you increase the memory frequency. So it is very important to have a proper look on the BIOS RAM type. Low power ram is quiet not recommend here. You must search ram with better mhz to handle the overclocking process.

To stay on the safer side I will recommend you to use Systool. Run the tool and there you can see an option of CPU Overclocking. Click on the read button to get an rating on the cpu frequency. If the FSB of the processor and displays correctly, then it supports your motherboard. From this tool you can change the FSB and multiplier. You can raise the same and increase your cpu frequency. Enter a proper value for overclocking do not do wrong settings or else your cpu can be dead forever. Once you see that the FSB and the frequency of your CPU has changed, you can click Start Stability Test

In the same tool what is mentions above you can increase your FSB also. Just look for Set FSB. Do not forget to test the systems stability. It is very important. If you face any issue then you must try to change the memory slot carefully. Remember by overclock the CPU will not burn. But it will burn by high voltage and temperature. Also check that your systems has enough cooling options to deal with the rising temperature of your system.