Thread: Custom Built Computer does not boot.

Custom Built Computer does not boot.

Hello friends, I planned to build a new PC for my personal and so ordered all the components from TigerDirect. I have completed assembling all the components it is ready to use. i have usedAMD 6-Core 2.86 GHZ Phenom II. (1055T) processor. it is equipped with GeForce GT 430 (1024 MB of DDR3 RAM.) graphics card and 1 Terabyte Sata-II 7200 RPM Hard drive. So now the problem is that while boot up, it is unable to boot from CD or any USB drives. Nothing is installed on the system and the hard drive is completely clean. After boot up, the system only displays "Hardware Monitor". Can anyone please help me with suggestions.

Re: Custom Built Computer does not boot.

Congratulations for your new computer, I really appreciate your work. You complained that your computer is not booting from the CD or any USB drives. Initially you need to enter the BIOS and check if the boot order is correctly setup. If not, then set the Boot order first. Check all the cables and power and make sure that all the connections are correct. is the CD drive of your computer IDE. is it set as master or Slave. i advise you you set the Cd drive as Master and make sure that it is connected to 1Hdd SATA. In case, the Hdd and Cd are IDE then use the same cable to connect with Hdd as master and Cd as Slave.

If your computer fails to boot from CD or USB drives then you need to configure the Boot order. Go to the BIOS menu and here change the boot order as you desire, by pressing F9 key. Check whether the drives are set correctly or not. Make sure that cd IDE is set to master by itself at the end of chain. Check if you have enabled SATA in the BIOS too. can you give me the specification of the motherboard that you are using. i think, the motherboard that you are using is of ancient technology due to which it is unable to recognize USB as well CD drives, without installation of drivers.

Ok don’t worry, here I have got something that might help you. First of all remove the power cord from the CPU. Disconnect all hard drives and CD rom drive. Open the screws to take the CD rom out of the cabinet. Now find out the little jumpers to make it master. Make sure that the CD rom is connected to IDE and cable and then put it back to the cabinet. Now try to boot from the CD. if it does not boot then again take it out and connect the little jumpers to cable select. After this I think the CD rom should work and your computer should be able to boot from CD.

Take out the CD ROM drive from the cabinet and then connect the little jumpers with the IDE. Run a test to observe if the system boots from CD. If not, then take it out and put the little jumpers to the cable select and again run a test. If both of the test fails then try with another IDE cable or CD ROM. if the CD ROM works then reconnect the HDD and switch to BIOS. Here find out from where you can enable the SATA and enable it. I am sure it will work.