Thread: Installing and roof mounting Corsair H50

Installing and roof mounting Corsair H50

Here is my right. I have a Intel Corei5 cpu with an really outstanding quality of output. Other than this I have a 2 SLI gpu hooked on the motherboard with 8Gb of ram. The entries system is a 64 bit operating system. Now I had installed the Corsair H50 over the processor so that I can overclock the cpu while playing games. The cooler is awesome recommended by my fiend. I hooked the same over the root of my cpu case. I had created custom fan profile and on idle mode the cpu temperature lies at 34 degree. The fan speed is around 300rpm. Bu when I play games and work on other things the temperature keeps on increasing from 48 degree Celsius and still remain on the same even when I shut off everything. Does this deal with the cooler.

Re: Installing and roof mounting Corsair H50

I guess that can be due to improper ventilation. You must be aware that when you install additional component to your cpu case with gpu and other things you needs a much heavier PSU. Till yet you had mentioned nothing about the power supply you have on your system. I believe that must be more than 700w. You can try to reconfigure the same by adding a new PSU to the system and also reading the specification for the power needed. Same as when you overclock your system more power is drawn.Try upgrading the PSU and then check back.

Try use some kind of default profiles from the bios. If your system has a sli support motherboard with intel core i5 then definitely the BIOS will be equipped with the settings. The cpu heats up but the cooler plays a big role to cool the same down and draw out extra heat. You must increase the cpu fan speed. The default bios profiles does the same. As the cpu keeps on heating the fans rotates much faster. On a normal Core 2 Duo system then cpu lies at the temperature of 35-40 degree and the fans stays at 3500rpm.

You cpu will get more hot if you keep using the same in similar manner. This is the issue of fan which is not increasing the speed. That causes more and more heat accumulated inside the system and overheat the cpu. Do not continue to work on those same custom made profiles. You must try to run the cpu fan over 5000rpm. I faced the system works on 70 degree usually when the ventilation is not proper and the same also is very dangerous for those who are working on overclocking of cpu.