Thread: Overclocking HD6950

Overclocking HD6950

Guys I have brought this Radeon HD 6950 just a few weeks ago as I have heard that this is really a good option to get overclock as many of my friends were previously using the same card informed me that they were able to overclock the same to 880mhz core & 1350mhz memory with unclocked shaders. But the problem that I faced that when I tried overclocking the same I was not able to get it overclock for more than 840mhz core and 1320mhz memory with unlocked shaders. Is this a problem of the graphics card or is it something else. Please do reply the same.

Re: Overclocking HD6950

Hey dear friend I would want to know that how exactly are you cooling the card, with the measurement of the overclock that you have just mentioned it seems the cards when overclocked are not able to go over 60 C. The stock cooler on auto will refrain keep it under 60c. What I think that there are some cards that can be overcloked more than the others and that is why I feel that all of that absolutely depend upon how luckier you are. Since you have unlocked the card you won't be able to squeeze the voltage via MSI Afterburner. Maybe it is just a glitch that is causing the problem.

Dude the overclocking of the cards also depends upon the componenets that you are having on the motherboard that may be utilizing the much needed power to get itself work properly, When you try to overclock and if the components that are there inside the motherboard absorbs more power than a little bit of the overclocking effect goes to the components that are there on the motherboard and you will get a a bit less overclocked effect as you are getting with the Radeon HD 6950 graphics card of yours.

Hey friends the HD 6590 card that I am using stays under 60C getting 64C on GPU Temp#2 & #3 by monitoring from the GPU Z when at limit and at full GPU load @ +20% powertune. Also there I can set fans to 46% which can be collaborated with the airflow commencing from Coolermaster HAF X which gives the assurance to keeps the thing fairly cool. I can smoothly run COD at 1920x1200 on full enthusiast settings at the rate of 4xAA and at 860mhz and 1340mhz stable, no artifacts and no funny business. Also other than graphics card I don’t have any other components on my system so can some one help me to know that why I am not able to get this thing run perfectly.

Hwy what I think is that the HD6950 graphics card makes a good impression, the performance gain is still rather limits. When are talking about overclocking, something could be more accurately respond to the topic switches for dual BIOS and can explore the potential of tools. The problems that could cause of less overclocking of others is may be due to the issue of power consumption that should be to take the boat to inform the user the difference between themselves and the power saving function to get closer. Normally when the card is overclocked to a less extent than which it is desired then it could be due to low PSU, so check that first and then try to overclock.

He friend one of the other reason so that why you are getting low performance when you overclock the graphics card as compared to what others are getting when they also try overclocking the Radeon HD 6590 is because they might have got the latest and the updated version of the GPU and for your system you might be having the outdated GPU which is the reason why you are not able to get more frequency when you try to overclock the same graphics card. So try to update the BIOS for the GPU and then move ahead with the overclocking, you will certainly get more performance this time around.

Why don’t you remove the Radeon HD 6590 graphics card from your motherboard and install the same on your friends slot and then see if you can get the graphics card overcloked from there, if you can get the graphics card overcloked to the extent that it is desired for then what I think that there is a sure shot problem with the PSU or the BIOS or even the FPS. But if you are not able to get the card overclocked over there as well then what I think that there is some kind of a glitch in the card that is refraining it from getting ovecloked.