Thread: Overclocking of GeForce GTX 580

Overclocking of GeForce GTX 580

I want to purchase the Nvidia GeForce GTX 580 graphic card and my friends told me that overclocking that card is very tough. So, I want to know about the overclocking, if it is possible then I can go for that graphic card. Because I am sure that I will have to do overclocking now or in future. I am sure that somebody from your side must have done it. So please provide some notes that can be useful while doing an overclocking. Let me tell you that I am having the knowledge of overclocking, as I have done it for thrice (and got the good results). Just put some temperature and volume information which are important when OC is considered.

Re: Overclocking of GeForce GTX 580

The Zotac GeForce GTX 580 AMP! is due to the higher clock rates with 461 watts to 15 watts to a higher consumption than the standard model, while the GeForce GTX 580 Ultra TGT Charged with 487 watt equivalent 41 watt needed more - lush.

The GeForce GTX 580 already working in the reference design pretty close to the limit of the frequencies and therefore they can also increase only minimally. On the Asus card, an increase of 43 MHz/86 MHz/148 MHz (TMU/shader/memory), thus preventing it is depending on the application a power increase of four to five percent. The Zotac GeForce GTX 580 AMP! can be increased by 22 MHz/44 MHz/201 MHz overclock, which has a performance increase of three to six per cent lead. In the TGT GeForce GTX 580 Ultra 21 Charged MHz/42 MHz/249 MHz are possible, before there is first graphics errors. This means better performance by two percent.

The amendments increase the Asus card (1.012 volts) the power to ten watts, and the volume by 1.5 decibels on. The Zotac product (1.025 volts), the values at ten watts plus and "only" 0.5 decibels more, at the TGT-map (1.075 volts), there are six watts and also half a decibel. Under Asus product it acts exactly the same as the reference design, but it is not disturbing. In contrast, however, the Zotac GeForce GTX 580 AMP! That comes to be heard louder 62 decibels. The fan should indeed generates a rather pleasant sound, but nevertheless you already belong to the noise-insensitive natures. Whom the volume of the video card is not a damn should, however, refrain from buying!!

At the temperatures, the GeForce GTX 580-subjects consistently pay nothing and are all on the same level. Thus the measured values fluctuate under Windows 39-41 degrees Celsius under load 88-90 degrees (on the reverse side of 74-77 degrees Celsius). The 90 degrees in the 3D mode are indeed quite high, are of a modern GPU, but absolutely alright. Due to the energy-saving mechanism all three graphics cards on Windows with 181/182 watts need (meaning the entire PC) in the exact same amount of measurement uncertainty. Under load places the ASUS GeForce GTX 580 with 448 watts then the first place among the test candidates - only slightly worse than the reference design.

I have got some more information from other sites, thought to post here, so you can get some more help. The experts who have done an overclocking came to a point concluding that, it likely means that acquiesces on the GF110 chip should good; given that there is so much performance in store. While the GF110 is a big chip with a new manufacturing method and so is improbable to be in irresistible supply for a while, there shouldn't be atrocious stocking issues. This should mean that there's abundance of competition between the board partners, keeping prices dedicated for consumers.

All the manufacturers do not yet trust the GeForce GTX 580 approaching, for completely custom looking designs with a different cooling system, the customer is still in vain. The previously available in house from higher-clocked variants like on paper may sound good in practice but that they have their difficulties. In terms of performance, the GeForce GTX 580 Ultra TGT Charged in the lead. On average, seven percent more power are possible, which is not very much (everything is on a high-end card but to be expected, generally speaking, very little). The speed increase Zotac GeForce GTX AMP 580! is four percent, while the Asus card is working as fast as the reference design. In terms of volume to give all three test candidates on Windows and do good work there, on that can not be bitching. Different from the situation under load. The Asus GeForce GTX 580 comes to the same noise level as the reference design, which, while noisy, but just is not disturbing. Different, however, the Zotac and especially the TGT-product, that volume only for the few users still should be acceptable.

The temperatures of the graphics cards are consistently high, however, lie in the safe area. The power is in the field of stroke increase as expected from a little higher than the standard card without a stir. All in all situations, however, the power consumption of the reference card is very high and needs to be lower in future products. This is the normal Asus GeForce GTX 580 that has finally fallen on the best - it is the bottom line is simple but not more than a reference design. The BFG and the TGT-card suitable for a very small number of customers, the volume does not matter and the providing of this is to pay a little more power at an additional cost of 55 euros (MSI) or even 75 euros (TGT) . The normal rather Enthusiast uses the reference design. According to me, cool card to hang out with.