Thread: Overclocking sandy bridge on P8P67 2600K

Overclocking sandy bridge on P8P67 2600K

I am here to get some tips of overclocking sandy bridge on P8P67 2600K. Would you members please provide the readings of Processor & Memory that should not be exceeded while overclocking. I am just scared that while trying an oc, if some part gets more voltage, the motherboard would turn to toast... and I don't want that result. Hope that you will provide some useful information about evo p8p67 oc sandybridge on the configuration of the UEFI.!!

Re: Overclocking sandy bridge on P8P67 2600K

Faced with the resurgence of the death of Sandy Bridge CPU K-Series and met with Intel engineers to see what voltages not to exceed. The potential of K-series is huge, since deferring frequencies over 5 GHz aircooling, but at the cost of tension there seems devastating. So there are references not to exceed, either for the CPU voltage, RAM frequency BaseClock to respect, or the PLL Voltage. All this is recorded on the box below, a guide to good conduct that does not go beyond, but you are warned.
    • Core Voltage - 1.38v Not Exceed recommended too, doing so could "kill the CPU, WE Therefor recommend a range of 1325-if 1.350v overclocking.
    • Memory Voltage - 1.50V Intel recommend plus / minus 5% which means clustering upto 1.58v Is The recommended safe limit. We have found 1.65V in our testing caused no issues.
    • BCLK Clock Base - This is a Strictly NO, anyone using basic overclocking clock could / will cause damage to CPU / Motherboard. (Manually set to 100).
    • PLL Voltage - Do not Exceed 1.9V.
    • Processor - Basically weekends recommend not to exceed Customers 1.35V to play it safe, all our bundles are set at 1.3250v gold lower, Any competitors offering bundles 4.6GHz above you should be inquiring as to what they are voltage using as we believe anything over will 1.38v CPU limited lifespan and anything over 1.42v Likely will kill the CPU or severely limited lifespan.
    • Memory - Intel recommend 1.50V plus / minus 5% which means clustering 1.60V is the ideal maximum safe, goal we have in our testing found all 1.65V memory is fine. WE HAVE MOST found new 1.65V Corsair XMS3 like will run at its rated timings with just 1.50-1.55v which is well within Intel specifications. So people upgrading to Sandybridge, you can still use your old DDR3, weekends do recommend you to run it at 1.60V or less. We are shipping bundles of Our MOST which feature at 1.50V Corsair XMS-rated timings at 1.55v. We've discussed with Asus and MSI regarding voltages for memory and in their testing confirmed 1.65V caused no issues with accredited.
    • Basic Clock - To put it simple if you value the Life of your components, do not overclock using basic clock.

Thanks a lot..!! I was lucky to post here before doing anything wrong. I will try to avoid it. I was thinking of it because, my os (64bit) is ultra slow in booting my hard drive and does not seem more fast. I would like to enlighten you people that I have recently installed Windows 7, so please don’t tell me again to do fresh installation. Reason is, I don’t have bootable CD, and everytime I have to borrow from someone. So you think that some other solution in this case will help me?

Vcoremax = 1.38V it is far from my quad that can not be stable if it is not a 1.45V .. Here we see progress, especially at the performance level. If not for 64 bit OS, it's been 2 years that I am disappointed and AC starts normally, even my laptop which has purchased 4 years back, and before that was on Windows XP, I put on Windows 7 64-bit SD and despite still 5400tr/min, my startup is normal, I saw no difference with the 32 bits. For cons, I notice the difference when it is on the svchost, there are between 10 and 15 times ...slower . In this situation, I think that suggesting of good updated Anti-Virus would be better option.