Thread: Overclocking an Asus Crosshair IV Extreme

Overclocking an Asus Crosshair IV Extreme

I was searching out for an information of Asus Crosshair IV Extreme, and I got link of some advanced features of same model here. I am having queries about an overclocking of Asus Crosshair IV Extreme. Since, this is having the LucidLogix Hydra 200, I am not having any idea about how to overclock it. I am sure that someone from your end must have tried doing it. Please share some readings with me about an overclocking. I am expecting some notes from your side soon as possible. Thanks.

Re: Overclocking an Asus Crosshair IV Extreme

Side overclocking, the Asus card offers all the refinements of top models like that, but it will benefit especially with a type of extreme cooling LN2. With Noctua U12P SE2, we achieved 4.1 GHz Phenom X4 with our stepping C3. Rather a good score for this chip. Let me tell you that, 4.11 GHz was the maximum attainable by our processor, either by bus or frequency multiplier.

On the technical side, Asus has a menu that stands out with features that will please overclockers. The real-time playback of tension meter and these little cables that allow them to keep their tips delight, like the ROG Connect which allows taking control of overclocking and monitoring by another machine. Innovative and clever, the feature has a real interest for the audience of extreme overclockers.

The Bluetooth version of the same functionality may not be as useful, if not following a process, but the introduction of the iPhone / iOS does not help matters, having refused the application operate in 3 modes. Full of good ideas, Crosshair IV Extreme for your taste by the inclusion of unnecessary Lucid HYDRA technology is definitely still not ready and does nothing concrete to users. The high cost of the chip raises the price of this card to 300 euros, which prevents us to advise decently. Version of the Crosshair Formula IV, sold 200 euros, moved most useful features like ROG Connect and passive cooling.

We separated Lucid technology developments as some seem to go in the wrong direction. While we wanted this transparency in the PDF release notes to be followed in the pilot, clearly indicating which games are supported depending on the configuration of graphics cards installed, we got the opposite. Yet the highly useful list of compatible games became more opaque, mix them all modes. Result, the user is even more lost. We understand the desire to show a list of compatible games the biggest possible, but it is not because a game does not crash and it only works on the main graphics card that is worth in the list. So certainly, from our initial tests, a number of bugs have disappeared, like the majority of cases where we had noticed slowdowns with respect to the use of a single card. But the image that we noted during our first test of the technology, this product is primarily a showcase and not a finished product that could meet the normal expectations of a player. The increase in opacity only hides limitations.

In fact, be careful not to mix the ability to run two graphics cards to a manufacturer simultaneous with SLI and CrossFireX technologies. The driver support has nothing to do here like the game compatibility. The issue is particularly important when it comes to saying that this motherboard allows users to run two Nvidia graphics cards in simultaneous thing today on unauthorized chipset AMD, NVIDIA charging a license to manufacturers of motherboards enable support of the (true) SLI drivers. Those who insist on using an AMD processor and two NVIDIA cards will be equally inspired to try their luck at their peril, with one of the "patches" to unlock unofficial SLI on all motherboards.