Thread: Overclocking BIOS of EVGA X58 Classified

Overclocking BIOS of EVGA X58 Classified

Let me first tell you that I am new to this forum (so please ignore my mistakes). I was redirected to this site when I was looking for the features of this same motherboard. When I checked its information over Features of EVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI, I thought that you people will help me in my doubts. I need some explanation about an overclocking of same motherboard. I have not searched any notes about this topic on web. Since, you all provides notes in simple terms, I thought to post my question over here. Please mention some hints that would be helpful for me.

Re: Overclocking BIOS of EVGA X58 Classified

I am providing some pictures of the part dedicated to overclocking BIOS of the Classified.

This is an actual BIOS screen :

And this screen shows an overclocked values:

Bios still very extensively on the part dedicated to overclocking. We have access to all functions necessary for a good overclocking but also where you can send its processors / memory / chipset hardware to heaven. In short it will refrain from changing settings without knowing what they are or what they can cause on the system and it is better to leave them in the "AUTO". The map allows users to save eight profiles but a little regret that we can not change the name of the profiles.

First we will present the software overclocking and monitoring provided with Classified 3. This is the software E-Leet. You will say it is very similar to the famous CPUZ is quite normal because it was designed in collaboration with the programmer on CPUZ SDK. E-Leet is a more than complete software that allows monitoring of all temperatures and pressures found on the card, change all of these on the fly, to overclock the processor without having to use another software. Just like CPUZ, it also helps validate its overclocking results online and also save user profiles.

Since the test the first Classified, E-leet evolved a bit. It now includes a tab giving some brief information on the GPU and a tab named processes. This allows you to assign processes, programs to some processor cores in particular. This encourages overclocking because all hearts have the same overclocking potential.

First you must know that just as the EVGA X58 Classified, Classified the 3 is bigger than the standard ATX boards. It is formatted E-ATX (Extended ATX) which proposes dimensions of 263.5 mm x 304.8 mm. And it must be that to cram all the components of the map. EVGA X58 motherboard Classified 3 is contained in a very large box. Upon unpacking one can notice the colors black and red, giving the card a very serious look. In hand we can immediately appreciate the quality of its components. On this box, there are many good figure 3 denotes the support of USB and SATA 3. The ten phases of digital processor power are cooled by an imposing radiator composed of a heatpipe. It is not linked to the rest of the cooling system. The memory controller and QPI them are fed by 3 phases. Another feature of the Classified is that we can supply the CPU with 2 x 8-pin ATX12V. The card can work equally well with a single connector, the second helping when overclocking to extremes.

ICH10R chip is cooled by a radiator rather flat like the Asus P6T6 WAS Revolution and all the latest high-end motherboards not to hinder the integration of different graphics cards. For its part, the radiator cooling the Intel X58 chipset is simply enormous. Two heatpipes circulate heat from the chip to the fins to dissipate the maximum. We can see the "E" on the EVGA over the radiator, they light up red when the card is turned on. Unlike the old X58 eVGA Classified, this heater is also equipped with a small 40mm fan that can be quite noisy. The rear panel of the Classified 3 is very comprehensive as this area has a PS2 keyboard, two USB 3.0 ports, eight USB 2.0 (two located on the module USB 2.0) ports, two gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port and a Firewire (a second port located on the module). There are also analog audio outputs and digital inputs and outputs 7.1 audio codec managed by the HD 8-channel audio.