Thread: How is IC Diamond 24 Carat Thermal Compound?

How is IC Diamond 24 Carat Thermal Compound?

I have recently heard about the IC Diamond 24 Carat which is better thermal compound. Anyone from your side has tested it? I am not sure whether to go for this thermal compound or not!! I am regular user of Arctic Silver and I have used AS5 last. Now I want to try some new compounds and I came to know about the IC Diamond 24 Carat. Since, I got some information from this forum, I thought to register and post my query here. Please tell me how is IC Diamond 24 Carat Thermal Compound? If someone has used it, please tell me some points (good & bad) about it. Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

Re: How is IC Diamond 7 Carat Thermal Compound?

IC Diamond 24 Carat Thermal Compound capitalizes on thermal heat transfer flanked by the CPU core and heatsink by taking benefit of diamond’s superior thermal conductivity. Sanitized synthetic diamond has a thermal conductivity of 2,000-2,500 W/mK when you judge against 406-429 W/mK for pure silver. Also I think that the Diamond’s much enhanced thermal conductivity when evaluated with silver due to which makes it a better-quality heat transfer material for cooling lofty performance CPUs and talking about an electrically it is non-conductive and non-capacitive.

Re: How is IC Diamond 24 Carat Thermal Compound?

Cooling of innovation is a new development in the field of thermal compounds. The IC Diamond 24 Carat Thermal Compound exploits the superior thermal conductivity of pure diamond advantage. Each syringe IC Diamond Thermal Compound contains 24 carat ground, synthetic diamonds, which account for about 92% of the paste. Pure diamonds have a theoretical thermal conductivity of 2000-2500 W / mK. This extremely high conductivity IC Diamond 24 Carat makes it an ideal thermal compound for heat-intensive high-performance systems. IC Diamond 24 Carat is neither capacitive nor electrically conductive, silicone-free.

Apiece tube of IC Diamond Thermal grease includes 24 carats of micronized diamond with diamond constituent part loadings @ 92% by weight, 94% after 10 minute dry-out proceeding to heat sink installation. Material loading above 90% is suggested as the superlative combination of rheological (flow of matter) and thermal properties to diminish interface pump out due to thermal cycling.

Innovation Cooling a very interesting alternative in the high-end thermal compounds available, because the IC Diamond 24 Carat Thermal Compound exploits the superior thermal conductivity of pure diamond advantage. Each syringe IC Diamond Thermal Compound contains 7 carats ground, synthetic diamonds, which account for about 92% of the paste. For a theoretical thermal conductivity is 2000-2500 W / mK possible (pure silver has a conductivity of 406-429 W / mK). This extremely high conductivity IC Diamond 24 Carat makes it an ideal thermal compound for heat-intensive high-performance systems. Diamonds are not electrically conductive - this also applies to IC Diamond 24 Carat: the paste is either capacitive or electrically conductive and also silicone. The 24 is different from the IC Diamond 7 Carat only by the larger content. IC Diamond 7 Carat Thermal Compound contains solvents that must evaporate. Install the cooler only 10 minutes after the thermal grease applied to the CPU have thin one.

Innovation Cooling home! and very low, since I lowered the temperature of my Athlon X2 5600 @ 3304mhz 56 ° C in charge ... 48 ° C (ambient temperature equal)! Incredible!! We can not yet say that the previous batter was poor (Arctic Silver 5!) Or too old (3 months). Council to apply it several times in different parts of the CPU and spread it with a card or plastic spatula, pressing very (not too much, eh!) And progressing very slowly and evenly so that the dough can properly without crashing into a ball and break away from processor. Do not hang out too, it seems to dry very quickly. But for an exceptional result, it is sometimes drool, and I do not even take it off it.!!