Thread: PCI EX1 slot trouble on Gigabyte MA74GM S2

PCI EX1 slot trouble on Gigabyte MA74GM S2

I have a short and simple for you, who need your knowledge. I have a motherboard Gigabyte GA MA74GM S2 which is mounted on a graphics card 8800 GTX cooler with Artic Cooling. I wish to invest in a sound card GA MA74GM S2 , plugging into a PCI Express X1. Yet given the size of my cooler, it crashes my 2 PCI Express X1 located just below!

My question is this: Can I plug my future sound card on the second PCI Express X16, theoretically reserved for a second graphics card? If so, will he take special precautions in the BIOS configuration level or another, and that he will ensure the full functioning of my sound card and all its functionality

Thanking you in advance for any responses strongly that I will do.

Re: PCI EX1 slot trouble on Gigabyte MA74GM S2

There is some sort of hardware failure and hence it would be better to take some help from the Hardware expert. There is some or the other hardware related issue and hence the PCI express card is not detected. You have not mentioned whether the motherboard is still in the warranty period if yes then what are you waiting for hopefully this will definitely help you to get problem resolved.

I think whether it is possible to check the the card or device which you are trying to install at the PCI Slot it might be problematic too. if that is the problem then its quiet simple to get this problem fixed you only need to get the card replaced. If you find that the problem is not due to that reason then simple this is a hardware problem. Call the Tech person and get the PCI slot.

My problem is that my computer does not detect my PCI slots on the motherboard. PC is a somewhat crazy, because I do not recognize me another hard drive some time ago, and was solved by passing a registry cleaner program and computer in general. Now I do not know what to do, slots are not dirty and I've tried with 2 video capture and an extra sound card, and none is detected by windows or by the PC. That is, I do not see any window to turn the PC as often happens every time you enter a new hardware. I have also looked into the BIOS to the PCI are all set to automatic as it says they should be. So I think it will be more related to the drivers, and I doubt that the board is AGP slot bad when I go to the perfection and the rest of the board as well. Does anyone know my bearings on what to do. Thanks.

By clicking on the PCI slot hardware is not very normal that leave you a window to the Windows Start. What you do is go to My Computer properties and give the Hardware tab and then Device Manager and there you will come out the components that you put a yellow exclamation saying that it detected but it is missing its targets drivers to work. Even the machine was by the network. The RCD also flew out only when the computer together (not identified) card was already in operation for several minutes.