Thread: My realtemp is showing me a too high temperature

My realtemp is showing me a too high temperature

My system as illustrated beneath has been working with without tribulations for the most recent 18 months. Currently I became suspicious of the temperature by means of the intention of the CPU was reaching. Subsequent to loading RealTemp GT, I establish by means of the intention of I was reaching up to 83C on one of the cores beneath tremendous conditions during summer high ambient temps. Most of the times max temps reach approximately 75C beneath heavy load which is actually merely by means of one program, Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Are these temps technique too high, I encompass had no suggestion of the CPU throttling back or shutting down. Give pleasure to advice if I am in hazard of heating off my CPU. Determine to the system shut itself down prior to several scratch to the CPU/Motherboard. I might have a tribulations by means of my Artic Square Cooler.

Re: My realtemp is showing me a too high temperature

You be supposed to be utilizing RealTemp.exe as an alternative of RealTempGT.exe, in view of the fact by means of the intention of the GT version or description is for the 6 core Gulftown CPUs. Core temp's (Tjunction) determine to always be higher than the case temp (Tcase), usually as much as 8-10°C at the same time as beneath a load. Tj Max for the E8500 is 95-100°C, so immediately create certain to maintain Tjunction at no less than 20°C commencing from Tj Max. Intel suggest 72.4°C as the max. Tcase for the E8500, so stature in an additional 8-10°C for max. Tjunction the consequence is ~80°C. So as long as I maintain the core temps at 80C or beneath I take it I be supposed to be OK. Determine to the CPU shut down prior to several damage in normal situations.

At present I am utilizing RealTemp V3.6, have comprised my overclock back up to 3.80GHz. Observing max temps on one core going to 78C beneath heavy load. Unless somebody has several additional advise, I guess I determine to quit being excessively concerned by means of the intention of I determine to be damaging several hardware at these temps, and utilize 80C as my max. I determine to depend on the system to throttle back prior to several harm. Does this resonance similar to a superior plan. That is an ASUS program for ASUS boards. The description I have is called ASUS Probe II. Yes, I imagine this is it. The sensor almost certainly locate on the by means of the intention of NB die where bunch of additional stuffs are on as well.

Yes, Probe II comes by means of ASUS motherboard. On the other hand you might not observe the entire of the voltages or temps. Depending on what model of motherboard you get. I have comprised 2 ASUS motherboards one is Crosshair iv and the additional is a central point of the road motherboard. Crosshsir demonstrate additional displays at the same time as my additional motherboard merely demonstrate a small number of things. By means of the intention of is for the reason with the intention of highend boards have comprised additional sensors then the cheaper one. Immediately chiming in here to say I feel affection for my CHIV and it was completely worth it. Probe II is a pleasant tool, additional than I locate by means of the intention of through my board HWMonitor reads identical to together it and core temp, so I immediately utilize by means of the intention of it.

I understand additional than most of them are talking regarding non-English, here, so it's going from side to side a translator, moreover in head or on the net does not matter. The fraction of the CPU by means of the intention of attach the cores to the whole thing else in the system (not counting the L1/L2) is the System Request crossing point and is fraction of the cpuNB. Most of them normally utilized by means of the intention of for in and output or bi directional. At the same time as I have comprised you pros on the temperature subject. Say if I pay no attention to the temp reading and I maintain adding supplementary VCORE and up the multiplier until P95 crapped out or locks up. Heat basically increases the resistance of the circuits, which then necessitate additional voltage, which generates additional heat, which increases resistance, which requirements additional voltage, and so on.

You are working by means of your 920 at 4.3 and 1.325v. My 980 is at stock by means of 1.1v. I would encompass the similar opinion the cores in the 20's are extremely well, additional than two at 35. Granted the two additional cores and 12mb cache be supposed to add a number of extra heat, additional than the 32 nm be supposed to negate a number of it. The two extra cores might not line up extremely well by means of the cooler, so it might immediately be by means of the intention of the heat commencing from those cores has to travel further. I have comprised and seen by means of the intention of a lot commencing from the 980X. I would not be too worried as long as they do not get up too high. I am certain presently manufacturing variations in the die/heatspreader would cause by means of the intention of kind of dissimilarity as well.