Thread: How to unlock and overclock the Amd Athlon II x3 435 to 4 cores

How to unlock and overclock the Amd Athlon II x3 435 to 4 cores

I am right now having a Amd Athlon II x3 435 processor which is working fine. Now i am thinking of improving its clock speed. So what i want is that i want to unlock the 4th core and overclock it with the 4th core. Basically i want it convert it to the Phenom II x4 B35. So can i do it by any means. If you all have any idea then please do let me know. Here are my specifications
    motherboard:MSI NF750-G55
    processor: Amd Athlon II x3 435
    bios: cmos utility
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    So any solution will be appreciated.

Re: How to unlock and overclock the Amd Athlon II x3 435 to 4 cores

Well i don't know how to overclock it to the Phenom II x4 B35 because your processor belongs to the x3 series. Well i was thinking that they mostly overclock to AMD Athlon X4. However i can provide you some details on the unlocking of the processor. Since your motherboard is MSI NF750-G55 which belongs to the nvidia cards. So what you can do is to use the NCC i.e. NVidia core calibration. They will definitely help you in the unlocking of the core. So i think this is the perfect solution for the unlocking. Just go ahead with the process and do let me know if it works for you.

Well let me tell you that you can definitely go ahead with the overclocking speed. Its just that you have to do the necessary changes in the CPU voltage and the rest would be fine. Well what i can say to you in brief is that increase the NB voltage to a particular level and also set the HT link to 2000. Probably this will help you in overclocking and the core speed will definitely increase. You must be happy when the level reaches to 3.6-3.8GHZ mark. As it is not an Intel processor and you cannot expect it to reach the 4GHz mark. Do let me know if it works.

Yes, it has definitely helped me out. Thanks to you all. Now i have probably learned both how to unlock and how to overclock. This has probably given me a lot of confidence in me to go and overclock the processors and test its stability. Well the cores speeds that you were talking about that AMD processors cant reach the 4GHz mark. I think so it will i am checking out for the various techniques to keep my system stable. Anyways thanks to your efforts.