Thread: Does the temperature of Core i5 750 is good while overclocking

Does the temperature of Core i5 750 is good while overclocking

Does Intel Core i5 750 stays good in temperature while overclocking. I had heard that most of the cpu just fry out while overclocking and this also reduces their life. Does a great voltage offers you a greater stability. It is right that life of the parts is degraded in that. I want to upgraded from Core 2 Duo to Intel Core i5. In that case does AMD is better one. I found AMD is also releasing some cpu with better overclocking support. Does adding up heatsink can reduce the heat. Overclocking never stays stable and there is always a risk of blowing up the cpu. Does the lose is guaranteed if the cpu is overclocked for a long time.

Re: Does the temperature of Core i5 750 is good while overclocking

It is right to say that today overclocking is a trend and most of the gamers are trying the same. Sometime before stores are selling computers which are full Multimedia and internet ready but today you get to listen more on overclocking. Intel Core i5 is a good cpu and it is well designed to handle the heating. But in that case you just need a good motherboard. Or else things will not work well what you had assumed. Liquid cooling is the first most recommended option for overclockers. The system is simply costly after adding most of the things to the system. Have a good benchmark on the same.

It is not true that a greater voltage will give a better stability. This does not work always. When you occupy a higher wattage support on your system than you must get a stable computer. it is also true that the higher voltage generates more heat and greater interference between the lines of the motherboard, which generate noise at lower frequencies and stability. Conclusion occupies the right voltage for your computer is stable. You have to determine the most appropriate power source for your computer need. If you have a graphic card on your system then a much higher is needed.

Core i5 is good in overclocking. I think the overheating is due to lack of proper cooling support. It is not also true to say that the overclocking decreases the life of the processor. The thing which reduces the lifespan of the components is your computer voltage. This is due to electromigration phenomenon that can end in sudden death of the hardware. If you can provide the predetermined voltage to overclock the CPU, then your system life if not reduced. So this is the most healthy way of overclocking if you can provide appropriate voltage support to your system.

Heating can be caused due to several issue. It can be due to improper cooling of your system or low voltage. The cpu gets heated when you are not able to give proper power supply. Run OCCT test again to determine the stability of your system. And if that fails then check what is the issue behind the same. It is also not true that AMD offers you a much better overclocking than Intel. There are some related models which are specifically designed for that purpose and they also differ in the performance. In some cases, especially in the case of processors with cache lowered, there comes a point where further overclocking does not help much, because the cache does bottleneck.

Some power supplies may have much support and power to deal with such instances. That is power supply which are designed to provide overclocking. There are various combination of latency that are more appropriate for different platforms. Most current motherboards have options to overclock and some companies like DFI and ABIT motherboards designed to produce extreme overclockers. Video card companies add profits to facilitate overclocking in their original drivers. This can be done in two ways by increasing the clock multiplier or increasing the bus speed only supported by a few motherboard