Thread: Need help to make up a budget overclocking computer

Need help to make up a budget overclocking computer

This time my plan is to switch for a overclocking system. I want to buy a budget overclocking computer. I do not have a big amount to spend here. What I did a bit cost cutting by using the same old graphic card, hard drive and dvd rw. All other things are going to be new except the monitor also. I need some better suggestion to get a overclocking computer. Other than this I am also looking for some beginners overclocking tips and trick. I had read lot things on this and I have a basic idea of the same. But the risk of burning creates doubt in the mind. My wish is to have a watercooling powerful enough to cool my system and the maintenance of the same must not be too messy. I found that that a good fsb is needed for overclocking and how to get that. Does overclocking the same is also important. I read that you can change the fsb speed of the Ram and the voltage increasing the speed of the bus, all in the bios. Does anyone has tried the same.

Re: Need help to make up a budget overclocking computer

An system suitable for overclocking will not come cheap as you have to adjust some relatively high hardware. I am mentioning here three main components that can help you to have an idea on the system. It is a Phenom II 940 BE System. Here the cpu which is sued is Phenom II 940. For that the best suitable motherboard that you can try out is DFI nForce4 Infinity. Then for ram thing you can go for 2 sticks of 1GB ram. If you opt to go for a gpu then here for a budget thing I will suggest you to go for XFX GeForce 7600GT. The new motherboards gives you the option to move the jumpers on the motherboard to access a few predefined frequency FSB, the current motherboards can generate hundreds of frequencies from the BIOS setup, without changing frequencies other components. So that makes your work easier.

I had too got a similar specification which will definitely fit your budget. It is a Core i7 920 based computer. Here you need to add a Sempron 64 cpu on Intel based motherboard. Then you can use a 1GB ram or more if you need more performance. I had just added a new Western digital hard drive to extend my storage space. For overclocking at starting there are some ways. The first is to increase the FSB frequency. Depends on this speed of the memory, processor and all other system components. All other frequencies are undocumented and steady work on them is not guaranteed. Increasing this can give you a better performance while working.

It is right to say that you can set a higher bus speed and reduce the CPU multiplier. at the same time without overclocking the frequency you will get the performance boost due to the acceleration of memory, video and hard drive. There are several ways by which you can overclock your cpu and get a better function out of it. I have intel based system which is quiet effective to buy the same. There is also a another way to overclock a system. That can be done by changing the CPU multiplier. Here the situation is more complicated.Some processors have a fixed factor and this option does not work. If your processor allows you to set a higher multiplier, you can increase system performance without risk to other components. This is a less efficient way to disperse because other units are working at the same speed and processor idle, waiting for their results.

You can go for any high end cpu from intel or amd. For a budget thing Phenom II 940 BE is quiet affordable. Along with that a 790GX chipset support is more than enough to handle the pressure of overclocking. Do not forget to run a stability test before performing this overclocking function. Because this tells you your system will be going to deal with the extreme pressure. To determine the stability of the system run it at maximum capacity and let run for several hours. There are several tools like OCCT to test the same. If the system is unstable then do not overclock the system and check for the proper solution.

It is right that just buying the system is not enough. For that you also need a good liquid cooling thing and a good power supply. If your CPU runs at a high temperature then a phenomenon called electromigration. This process occurs gradually, greatly reducing the lifetime of the processor. Ultimately, the processor goes down. But do not panic the modern processors are designed to operate at a temperature of 40 - 75 degree Celsius. When using a well-thought-out cooling is easy to keep within that range. The normal lifetime of the processor is 10 years and reducing it by half when overclocked. Core 2 Duo e8600 is another efficient processor for the same purpose.