Thread: Fed up with annoying performace of Core i3 540

Fed up with annoying performace of Core i3 540

Just try to overclock my friends Core i3. I am aware that this cpu is not really mean to do that, but basically I am trying to gain some performance on a high end game. The Anyhow I mad it work but the cinematic are just lagging like hell. I want to play the game online and the highest cpu which I have in my circle is core i3. I found in the bios a option to set the clock frequency. It is written in the specification that it is clocked at 3.06 GHz, Core i3 540 is a dual-core processor in 32nm etched features HyperThreading technology with 4 MB of cache and a third level integrated graphics solution which its main innovative feature. So that is quiet a catchy line but what about the performance. This thing is not ready to work. There is no crash issue till yet so I think that this cpu can give me a better performance till yet and I hope after raising a frequency it will work smooth. I had checked the same with OCCT also.

Re: Fed up with annoying performace of Core i3 540

I will recommend to go for Core i5 for that. See it is not really recommended to put more pressure on the cpu if it is not built for that. I have a Core i5 and the processor, however, is devoid of turbo boost that can be found on the i5 750. The latter is 45nm and 2.66 GHz has four real execution cores without hyperthreading. I had gone through some test and it is found that Intel Core i3 overclock quite easily and you can achieve 4.7 GHz with the same without difficulty. So if you want you can go for that on your own risk. The processor is an Intel dual core clocked at 2.93 GHz, it has the technology to Intel's Hyper Threading which allows to turn into a pseudo quad-core, it is more associated with 4 MB of L3 cache. AMD side we find a quad-core clocked at 2.6 GHz but no L3 cache in the distance.

Comparing Athlon and Core i3 can give more highlight on the overclocking performance., We can criticize the fact that they mostly used multi-threaded benchmarks, but is not that what everyone wants. To enjoy the full power of his machine even for tasks as trivial as playing a Divx. However, we can note that in games that do not take full advantage of all the processor cores. In that Athlon passes, but Core i3 lacks certain amount of support. Core i3 gives you the higher operating frequency, that is due to its Nehalem architecture. This thing make the Core i3 more efficient than AMD. You can overclock this cpu.

If talking about the graphic part of the Core i3 is compared to the 785G, the chipset graphics green quiet a good in comparison to the other cpu. I too have a similar system and I had successfully overclocked it also. The system is so very stable, but I would like to know what time you get out there can. There are so many Intel systems which can be very good overclocking. Since I did not like the Intel know much about overclocking there seems to be a lot of parameters you can gain from the cpu and it is really best for overclocking. What you cannot perform on an Core 2 Duo system Core i3 offers you that. Do check your cpu temperate to keep an eye on instability.

Restart the computer and then press the Delete key. You are now in the BIOS of your system. There you ahve to go in Advanced Chipset features using the arrow keys from the keyboard. You can set the frequency there. Choose the arrow keys and raise them to face up face down keys or press enter then enter again. Personally, I would recommend you that you must not overclock your system as it degrades your system life. Now I have the time so I can overclock it in 3 stages, maximum is 3.3 GHz which are already 10% more in it. You have won each time then restart for the program to apply the settings. The same is increasingly true for the Core i5 / i3. The CPU PLL is probably an additional power for the CPU. this should be set to 1.89 V.

It is quiet interesting to find that Clarkdale processors comes without the turbo mode features and Hyper-threading on no more performance which can be equally combined to the overclocked Core 2 Duo processors. So here the performance is gain through the turbo mode is much lower than in Lynnfield processors. The Lynnfield processors in the two core operating at least two cores off, so within the TDP of these processors is created plenty of room for a higher clock. In the models is in the Clarkdale two core operating logically disconnected not something within the TDP of these processors do much less space for higher clock speeds .There is a good bit more Pro / MHz performance against the Core 2 models, but the clock speeds, however, move roughly in the same frame. Very interesting in this respect are the benchmarks of the computer base with various turbo mode and HyperThreading Settings.