Thread: Intel Core i3 540 Extreme Overclocking

Intel Core i3 540 Extreme Overclocking

I might be a bit late to going outside, but I make certain, you that it absolutely is read commendable for everybody, the standard joe, the budget overclockers and fine, the great overclockers also. I just completed and published the detail of the latest mainstream Dual Core processor from Intel, the Core i3 540.

Re: Intel Core i3 540 Extreme Overclocking

For the past one and a half year Intel had not anything latest to compete with the Phenom II and Athlon II processors from AMD apart from the old Penryn processor family who’s pricing was not accurately what I would call spirited. If you were later than a cheap processor your top bet was AMD's Phenom II. It took Intel 1 year to release a Nehalem based entry level and mainstream processor family. Now, with the release of the Core i3 and Core i5 processors, Intel's processor array for 2010-2011 is complete, we have the extremely cheap Intel Core i3 dual core processors, the comparatively cheap Intel Core i5 dual core and quad core processors, and lastly the elevated end Intel Core i7 quad core and six core processors.

I just read your detail and how much I know about this matter, you were able to Overclock to 4.1 GHz on the stock cooler. Here want to ask you something that: did you have to raise the Vcore and NB voltages to get there? If so, then by how much? Please provide more detail. So that i can help you more easily.

For 24/7 steady operation at 4.2 GHz I had to increase the CPU Voltage. I don't memorize the precise value, but I can discover it from my notes. Obviously the voltage necessary for steady operation at a precise frequency differs from processor to processor, a few need many voltage, a few just a bit, and a few might be able to do it with their default voltage. By NB voltage I think that you indicate the PCH V, if yes, then sorry, I don't want to increase the PCH voltage to strike 4.2 GHz with 24/7 stability. On the further side, if you are puzzled and thinking of the VTT then the answer is yes, I had to increase it just a bit.