Thread: Computer is not getting start after preconfigured overclocking

Computer is not getting start after preconfigured overclocking

I have overclock my PC yesterday night but today in the morning when I was trying to start it to play game at that time it is not getting start. So recently I have asrock x58 deluxe mobo, intel i7-920 cpu and a 750W psu. At the time of overclocking in the BIOS there were some preconfigured overclocking setting was there so I just picked one of these. The computer was running very well for about 45 mins and 3D mark vantage was run devoid of any harm (cpu temp was 40 C). I then started a stress test along with Prime95, and when I got back the computer had switched off. Only after removing the CMOS battery and resetting the CMOS along with the jumper I am able to get any reaction when pressing the power button, but it's only for less than 1 second. So in this I have tried to disconnect the CD-ROM 2 of 3 ram-blocks and the powercord to the mobo also when resetting the cmos but this also does not make any difference in this so if you have any kind of suggestion then please suggest me.

Re: Computer is not getting start after preconfigured overclocking overclocking

I am not sure related to this issue but I can say that it is happening due to your mobo getting dead. I am not sure but may be this could be the one of the reason for your issue. So in order to fix this I have one solution for it if you want then you can go for this. In this you have to remove the heatsink/fan and reinstall your CPU setting I hope this will help you. And I want to know over here is what type of heatsink/fan do you have?

You are right. I have seen a lot of times at this juncture that first time builders and veterans, as well as myself have either built or been installing components and knocked a connector or pulled somewhat loose at some stage in your build. Actually it helps to disconnect the whole thing and start from scratch. Typically while you’re pulling it apart is when you recognize what you did wrong. Put the motherboard on a sheet of cardboard and slowly start installing components, booting between components. It may help you identify a bad component.

Have you attempted to jump the PSU at the same time as it's disconnected from the mobo to confirm that the psu did not die? If not, then get the ATX connector and 12v connectors loose from the mobo and then jump the green wire to a few black one on the ATX connector and observe if the psu starts up. If it does, then take a multimeter and make sure the voltages on the various rails and take care the psu is working properly.

I have attempted to turn on the computer devoid of graphics, then with no ram, then lacking both of those, then devoid of cpu graphics and ram installed) then without all 3 of those. I also attempted o remove the battery and clearing CMOS for 5 to 6 times at the present. I am able to still only get a split second of life from it after I clear CMOS or remove battery. Jumping the psu works fine now.