Thread: Using a overclocked amd athlon 64 x2 5000

Using a overclocked amd athlon 64 x2 5000

I am practically system savvy additional than have comprised and become stuck here. I have an AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ / HP Compaq DX2250 / 259 GHz 1.75 Gb RAM which is working extremely sluggish. My friend loaded "Company of Heroes" which said the whole thing was enormous except the CP. On the other hand it does necessitate a 3.0 GHz AMD Athlon on XP or corresponding. Might the Ghz be the problem here for this game. On the other hand, normally it does seem slower than I would encompass predictable actually I suppose in view of the fact by means of the intention of loading Microsoft Office 2007. I run Driver Genius Professional frequently to authenticate if there are several drivers I require and presently it says I have them the entire. Several assistance would be significantly appreciated.

Re: Using a overclocked amd athlon 64 x2 5000

You had decided to reformat the system which you have comprised and recently bought as I consideration it might do by means of a clean sweep. The PC came by means of a legit copy of windows vista ultimate on it by means of the reboot disk in addition. So I utilized double driver as customary to get the copy of my drivers off (I encompass completed this millions of times in the precedent). Additional than some reason this time amazing has gone incorrect and at present I necessitate the entire the drivers additional than not be able to seem to locate them anywhere. Is there anybody who be able to assist as I not be able to have right of entry the net as I encompass lost the lan driver and the whole thing.

I saw by means of the intention of one of my processors was demonstrating one core to be hotter by 8 degrees, to a certain extent than staying balanced by means of the second core. Idle temps were 22 for in cooperation cores, heavy load 30 deg. I uncontaminated the heatsink and the processor, cleaned the fans, heatsink as customary and then reinstalled the processor. Tranquil an off-balance heating temperature. No ill effects on the apparatus additional than approximating most obsessive users I required them to heat-up in synch or as close as probable. I unintentionally ordered two 5000 to a certain extent than 5000+ processors. Why would a lower closed processor (no, I do not overlock no matter which) run a bit superior to several of the original 5000+ processors. It's a close race, additional than none of the apparatus are additional than 3 years old I take actually superior care of them.

I imagine I had immediately originate my respond. Here is the accurate processor I had bought at eBay. Item Description: There is an unexplained AMD low-end processor emerge in Hongkong market. Dubbed Athlon X2 5000+, dissimilar commencing previous 65nm product, derives beginning 45nm Phenom II/Athlon II lineup. According to AMD official information in sequence, innovative Athlon X2 5000+ pedestal on 45nm SOL procedure, clocks at 2.2GHz and has 128KB x2 of L1 cache,512KB x2 of L2 cache by means of sustain or maintain for DDR2 memory. It has a 65W TDP. Evaluate to current Athlon IIX2 240\245,it has subordinate clock speed and half of L2 cache. On top of factors might give it the name of old brand Athlon X2 as an alternative of Athlon II. To our anticipation, a player has productively transformed innovative Athlon X2 5000+ into a quad-core processor, which characteristic 6MB of L3 accumulation and is predictable as Phenom FX 5000 Quad Core.

Depending the mainboard (you by no means specified) you might or may not be given the alternative to overclock in the bios. You be able to always utilize AMD's Overdrive software to overclock your CPU. I am presently utilizing this software to overclock my 5000BE commencing from 2.6GHz to 3.15GHz. The system is steady and has been for months working with beneath this setting. Overdrive has a pleasant "AutoClock" alternative by means of the intention of tests the constancy as it adjusts the CPU's settings. Anticipate this helps. I have comprised an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition CPU. I encompass it overclocked to immediately a hair beneath 3.1 GHZ. I guess it does not hold up or maintain my board moreover. So is there several software by means of the intention of would permit me to raise the voltage.

AMD Overdrive merely runs by means of motherboards by means of the intention of have encompassed AMD chipsets. The ASUS has its own overclocking utility. I do not be familiar by means of if it sustains or maintains your MB although. My MB's manufacturer has its own overclocking utility additional than it does not hold up or maintain my MB. I had just did it commencing the BIOS it got it up to 3.1GHZ, which is where is been in view of the fact by means of the intention of regarding the time I made my most recent position here I guess. Do you encompass the Black Edition. It creates overclocking easier. My Athlon is immediately a customary edition and my MB is utilizing AMD chipset 780G which be supposed to work for overdrive. If the entire the spec. matches by means of the requirement of overdrive would it presently basically be the version or description of my bios.