Thread: Need help to overclock the athlon I x4 640

Need help to overclock the athlon I x4 640

I just recently position this PC simultaneously today and am having a number of troubles by means of overclocking it. I am not innovative to Building PC's etc. Additional than have comprised by no means overclocked a PC previous to. Several changes I encompass made have comprised and instantly crashed in prime95 when utilizing the software by means of the intention of came by means of the board to overclock it. The board I am utilizing says it is with no trouble overclocked additional than I guess I am not doing it right. I utilized the setting to add 10% to the frontage side bus (Physical OC switch on MB) tranquil crashes in Prime95 within 5 seconds additional than runs wonderful doing the whole thing else. I am obviously doing something wrong. I need some help here.

Re: Need help to overclock the athlon I x4 640

You almost certainly necessitate adding vcore to create it stable at the higher clock speed. Most of them do not recommend utilizing software or bios automatic "cheater" settings to overclock. Altering bios settings physically is a much superior method to go. What kind of core temps are you receiving at stock speeds and voltages. Give pleasure to install HWMonitor and encompass it open at the same time as working with Prime95 blend for 10 minutes. By the way, turn off Cool and hushed in bios and C1E (if you encompass it). When facilitated, they be able to generate insecurity in overclocking. Your memory timings are too tight for the speed you are working with the ram at. If you are running ram timings by means of the intention of are suitable for DDR2 533 speed. Your HT Link speed is too high at 2270. Maintain it between 1800 and 2000 as you overclock.

The vcore is shorthand for "CPU voltage". I encompass fundamentally the similar CPU as you do and I be able to tell you determine to necessitate additional vcore for important overclocking. You would not hurt no matter which if you maintain your vcore beneath 1.5v as extended as your core temps are not additional than mid 50s C. It determine to in addition assist if you give your CPUNB two voltage bumps (up to 1.2v) in excess of the defaulting setting and maintain the CPUNB (NB in CPU-z) at anywhere connecting 2200 and 2400. The "Memory" tab determines to demonstrate by means of the intention of frequency. I am guessing you are in addition working with your ram too fast by at present as you have increased the fsb commencing from 200 to 222 (except you lowered the starting speed of the ram).

The CPU-z screen determines to not reflect several changes you create in bios settings. It basically reads the manufacturer's information in sequence by means of the intention of is encoded on the ram module. It is a direct to give you information in sequence regarding what are suitable voltages and timings for your ram at fundamental starting frequencies, as well as the max occurrence your ram is rated for. Somebody said today the paper clip icon (superior left) when in advanced mode runs to size the pics to fit a standard discussion window. Otherwise, you might endeavor a freeware program called "PixResizer". Yes my terrible I determine to resize subsequently time. I am at 3.4 GHz going on 20 mins on Prime95 by means of my CPU at 50*C. I immediately had to add a diminutive additional cpu voltage and lowered the HT link to 1816.

I bumbed up those voltages a insignificant bit and it tranquil crashed subsequent to regarding 15-20 mins on Prime95 Blend. CPU VDD might not go several higher than 1.40. Be supposed to I endeavor bumping the additional up some additional. Do you imagine my ram is ok at 8-8-8-24. Does it matter by means of the intention of my memory is in the 3 and 4 slot as an alternative of the 1 and 2 dim slot. I am guessing it does not matter. How long would I encompass to run Prime95 to think regarding it stable. In addition, what do you guys imagine regarding the intel burn test software. In conclusion got a number of stable runs on my setup at 3.39 ghz. I in addition did a absolute run on Intel's burn investigation which ran a diminutive higher at 53*c and it passed. Here are my bios settings. What might I do additional to create here a diminutive faster/stable.

Do you imagine a number of of the AUTO settings be supposed to be misrepresented so I be able to get it to be additional stable in Prime95 (additional by means of the intention of 25 mins). I not be able to tell what it would defaulting to as when I revolutionize the AUTO settings it determine to start at the min or max of the value. I am pleased by means of 3.4ghz if I be able to get this to be stable on Prime for an hour or so. It in addition give the impression of being similar to the RAM timings might be set to 8-8-8-22 at by means of the intention of speed. It would assist RAM presentation if you be able to do it. I doubt the timings determine to assist stability additional than the RAM voltage might. I by no means be familiar by means of what to do through those VDD settings MSI uses. The preceding PC I built was a 2.0 P4 by means of the intention of lasted me 7 years.