Thread: How to overclock AMD Phenom II 1045T

How to overclock AMD Phenom II 1045T

I have purchased a new processor for my computer which is AMD Phenom II 1045T. I want to overclock this processor for increasing the computing speed. I am not very much sure about doing this. I had trying to post on different communities to understand how this really works. As I am new to overclocking I am taking extra care before following any steps. My motherboard bios is not having any kind of extra settings for doing this. I hope there can be some way to deal with this. I had found some discussion which says that cpu comes with the overclocking features. It is going to work well and it will help me more in gaming stuff. Can anyone guide me.

For start you can try using SetFSB. It is a very simple solution to overclock the processor. Through this program you can try adjusting the FSB clock. And this will be done through a simple UI mode directly from Windows. But here you have to take care that you do not push things further or else you will face issue. The benefit of using SetFSB is that it is compatible with many motherboards and processor. There is no special requirement of using this tool. So just download and try this out.

Overclocking is not as easy as it looks. it is complicated when you dont have the right way of doing the same. There is one application that you can try out. You can use AMD OverDrive. It has lot of settings and features through which you can test the scalability of your system. And if you are having AMD chipset then it will help you more in dealing with the issue. Through AMD OverDrive it is possible for you to find out how much well your cpu can work. It can help you to get maximum stability and you can also optimize performance. But start with limited things. Do not just push thing higher. It can cause serious hardware problem.