Thread: Intel E8500 reaches to 100°C when overclocked

Intel E8500 reaches to 100°C when overclocked

I am just experiencing strange behaviors while overclocking. That is the issue is related to heating of my cpu. What happen here is that when I overclocked my cpu the temperature of that goes to 100. I can hardly keep the cpu below that. Then it is possible that soon my systme will crash. I had a Asus cooler with Nvidia 9800 GTX graphic card. My motherboard is P5Q Pro. I am not a frequent overclocker, so it became hard for me to understand the reason behind this. What can be major issues that I can stop out and make my system more stable. What are your recommendations for that.

Re: Intel E8500 reaches to 100°C when overclocked

The cpu remains table. It is possible that the issue can be due bad power supply. In my case I have a good heatsink. I had specially upgraded to that because I want to overclock my system. In the bios screen I have a option which allows me to overclock the cpu at some higher frequency. What software you are using for overclocking your system. It can be fault related to that also. Try to have a better heat sink in your system. Excess of overheating can cause a permanent damage of your cpu. I had gain a good frequency of 3.3 for continuous hours.

If you are trying to reach at 3.16 Ghz on Core 2 Duo E8500 then that can be obtained by multiplying the 333 MHz system bus by a factor of 9.5x. At this stage, you have to pushed the system bus up to 400MHz. This can be the default frequency of future Intel chipsets. The multiplier of 9.5 has therefore given a frequency of 3.8 GHz, perfectly stable under all circumstances. Gigabyte X38-DQ6 has increased the Vcore itself, of 1.225 V to 1345 V. default. There are other more factor responsible for the overheating of cpu.

Try the option of automatic overclocking. It is true that your system might not stay stable after reaching to its limit. Other important thing you have to take care is the power supply which must be enough to hold the overclocking pressure. At the time of overclocking your cpu needs more power, and if the same is shared by a graphic card then the rise of temperature is possible. Run OCCT to check your system stability.;

If your system temperature is going high then the first step you must carry out in the process of overclocking is to turn on the PC and make a backup. Before beginning the process of overclocking to start the PC with the original system configuration, back up all relevant data. In case of crash you can easily restore all things back. Be very careful with the temperatures do not allow to exceed 60 degrees. If it goes above that then your system is not stable or there is some major hardware flaw in your system. Please install a tool that monitors the motherboard and keep checking your systems performance.

When trying to overclock your system there some tool that displays the CPU temperature and alerts you if the temperature is too high. You need to identify your CPU, turn off the computer from the outlet. Open the CPU unit and check the mark of the CPU. Knowing these details will help you understand your systems overclocking limitations and understand the details of overclocking .For overclocking the system has to change the multiplier settings. To get a clear understanding of the systems overclocking potential you need to understand that the CPU speed is a combination of FSB and multiplier FSB, which is found to frontside bus.