Thread: Cpu showing high tempeature when overclocked to 4Ghz

Cpu showing high tempeature when overclocked to 4Ghz

I have a problem with the temperature of my computer. The case turned on after a while, the temperature gets too high. I had checked the temperature that peaks of 84 º C in which the PC is moving very slow. I had tired to overclock the same to 4 Ghz. It worked well for the starting point and even my system passed the test of OCCT. But then how does my cpu is so heating up. I check inside all connections and fan are fitted well. I even removed the side cover, but still there was a rise in temperature. I think my system is not able to handle overclocking properly. What do you suggest for this.

Re: Cpu showing high tempeature when overclocked to 4Ghz

Try removing the cooler and heatsink. Then put a think foil of thermal paste over the cpu. Arrange the cables so that there is not a much interference. Another thing you can do is put an extra cooler in your cabinet. This can be conveniently located at the side panel. This will give a more help to draw heat out of your system. I think there is a issue of ventilation in your system. Also if you do not get a better support then you can go for a liquid cooling support. This works in most of the system which are using overclocking feature.

It is possible to configure the maximum temperature of the bios by adjusting the cpu fan speed. Check the temperature with various software to see if more or less equal measure. Change your cpu cooler if needed. Because it is a good idea to have a better cooler support. Important to note also is the temperature of your room. If it helps lift very warm temperature. If your cooler is too small, get a thermaltake. I advice to add a good heatsink for that. Or else nothing more going to help here.

Overclock is to change the hardware settings to make it run faster. All hardware has a working speed ranges for which it was designed, but most of the hardware can work. In this you push your system to perform at a better rate, so you need to have a better support for cooling. If your cpu is heating then your system does not feet the overclocking. This can cause severe damage to your system. What you do is first change the cpu cooler. Add a thermal paste and put a much better cooler on the same. If that works then you do not need to do anything. Or else you will have to go for a liquid cooling support.

Try to overclock your system bus, which can help your cpu to perform better. Note that in system bus if you go faster everything go faster, not just the CPU. For example if you raise the system bus speed to 66Mhz, then your cpu strength is increase. It is possible that after overclocking there is much pressure on the cpu only. After overclocking the system bus the performance will be higher, at least 15% more. Success depends on the capacity of the circuits of the motherboard. Check the system stability also. Overclocking can cause severe damages.

It is right that your system cooler is not performing well. Enter the bios and enter the screen where you can see the cpu fan speed. Check that after overclocking the same is rising or not. If not then the cpu fan is not responding on the bios call. You might need to get a replacement. If that also does not work them you need to update your bios to the newer version. CPU overclocking puts a greater pressure on your system hardware. In this mostly liquid cooling is the best option. It is better to invest a little bit more to get a better cooling option.