Thread: Overclocking core i5-760

Overclocking core i5-760

Hello everyone, I have just ordered the computer, based on an Intel i5 760 (quad core 2.8 GHz). Having also bought the hardware related to that, now I am interested in overclocking this processor. I want to know, what will be the basic configuration for overclocking this thing.(including cooler and housing quality), how I can overclock my processor? Is there anyone who has done the overclocking of Intel i5 760 and want to share experience related to that. Thank you in advance for any related reply.

Re: Overclocking core i5-760

Indeed, the i5 760 has an enormous capacity for overclocking but first of all that you see what it would bring you. In my case, I have an i5 750 at stock and I have overclocked to 3.33 GHz for testing. The only games in which I perceive a gain useful are Arma 2 and GTA IV. Besides these two, I cannot win more than 3-4 fps and is the CG (a GTX 275) that limit. We must see that beyond a certain limit corresponding to around 3.5 Ghz, you gain very little preference for heat dissipation and therefore consumption is skyrocketing. Being said that said a slight overclocked to about 3.5 GHz and it is super easy to do and gives a slight boost. I hope that the ability to overclock the i5 is an asset.

This is not necessarily for the games. I have virtualized ubuntu from Windows and I work on it, virtualization uses a lot of resources or interest for me to overclock the processor. I do not make or have an account yet gain brings overclocking, but I think it is not negligible. So we can say that target is 3.5GHz reasonable, it will remain stable over without needing to change cooler. When I see rise to 4.2 GHz, with the PSU (500W) I was afraid because it is not manageable in the GC games. It is likely to exceed 500W very quickly at that frequency.

Virtualization among others is mostly at the RAM as it's played, I mean quantities. After it is as if the 750, simply by mounting BCLK to 160 and putting the data in the RAM manufacturers manual (for example in the case of 1600 MHz), leaving the saving options activated, the CPU goes to a hair over 3.8GHz and this when it is asked to stable and secure. 4 GHz is more dynamic on a CB, at the request somehow, with an operating range support, it is not necessary in this case it will touch the other tensions. OC static takes more refinements in the data, causing more instability.

My i5 750 is running at 4GHz, with 200MHz BCLK. My motherboard is an MSI GD-65. Turbo mode is disabled. Options for energy savings are enabled. Beam at this preference, nothing wrong the worst part is that the story is very simple to use, it took me a while to crack a half-hour. I am sure that it can still ride a little. Finally 4GHz seems more than enough for now; I have never ridden to that limit. But I am thinking of doing so. I have the idea that 4ghz stable at the time of test but the thing is that without the turbo boost, it became difficult to have a conclusive test beyond 3.8 GHz.