Thread: System cannot be cooled with H70

System cannot be cooled with H70

I did a little overhaul for my system and added a H70 in that. After doing all that when I started the computer then it was running at idle temperature of 40 degree and at the full load it increases to 58 to 60 degree. I wanted to pursuit with people who are having oc'd to a nice and stable 4ghz. My first attempt to that was good and that was not giving me any problem with 4.2ghz. Idle temperature for that was 58 – 63 but still I wanted to check that to what extend it can increase on full load. When I started Prime 95 then the temperature for my system increases to a high value and when I shut down it then it was 90+. Please tell me that what I should do to fix this problem.

Re: System cannot be cooled with H70

I think that you have not mounted that properly and that is why you are getting the problems like this. My suggestion to you is to unmount that and mount it again. Remounting may solve the problem for you. You can also see miahallen's i3/5/7 ocing guide and you will get much better idea about optimized overclocking.

To be honest, you should try the 4 Ghz first and check what is the temperature after you attempt a remount for pump/coldplate. You should not get so many troubles and it should run at 60's-70's. I am using 980X and that ran at 4.0 when I installed the H70. Make sure that you have disabled the fan speed options from the BIOS settings. If you have not did this then do that now. I have used MX2 for remounting and that is running fine with H70.

You may need to use the OCCT when you are testing wherever it have the choice of setting a shut down point for the test. This would allow you place it at say 90C thus if it obtain off for the races another time it won’t shut down on a thermal except just auto stop the test.