Thread: Computer won't start after overclocking

Computer won't start after overclocking

Friends, I am not able to start the computer after overclocking. I have asrock x58 deluxe mobo, intel i7-920 cpu and a 750W psu. I entered to BIOS and there was some preconfigured OC settings. I just changed one of them from 3 to 6 Ghz. After that my computer was working fine for about 1 hour. After that, I turned off that and on the same evening when I tried to on the computer then it was not able to switch on. It is giving me a continuous beep sound. Please help me to fix this issue.

Re: Computer won't start after overclocking

I don’t think that this is due to the changes that you made in the BIOS. As you told that it is creating continuous beep noise so this seems to be the problem with the RAM. Your RAM is not having the proper connection to the motherboard. To fix this, you should open the system and remove the RAM from that. Rub the connecting pins gently with a soft cloth or eraser. Insert that back to the slot. Now start the computer again. This time it will get started if it is due to improper connection of RAM. Good Luck!!!

I am agree with the above post and you should try the suggestion given above. But in case that is not helping you then you can again enter to the BIOS. Search for the resetting the changes. Select that option and this will reset all the options to its default value. After this you have to save and exit the changes. Reboot your system and your system will be restarted this time.

OK, there is a simple trick that you can try to fix this issue. First of all remove all the external connection from your laptop and shut it down with power button on that. Now remove the battery from it and keep that without battery for 15 to 20 minutes. After that reinsert the battery to it and try to boot the system. See whether this time it gets started normally or not?

Try all the possible solution for this to solve this problem. If your problem get solved then it is fine but if it persists then there is only one way to solve this. You have to do a clean install of the operating system. This will definitely solve the problem but along with that this will remove all the installed softwares and settings that you have made. Make this as a last option if no other option seems to be helpful.