Thread: Suggestion For Overclocking PII 550 BE

Suggestion For Overclocking PII 550 BE

Hey friends, I have going to purchase a new mobo+cpu combo for OverClocking next week. Is the combo is goodAsus M4A78 M LE@2.7K + AMD Phenom II 550 BE@4.3K + 2g DDR3 1333@1.25K TOTAL 8.25kCan I overclock it on the stock cooler? I will fire the rig in my custom mod Cabinet, along with 4x82mm fans. I was also able to mod the stock heatsink. I am thinking concerning the push pull configuration for airflow through the HS with extra fans. Anyone has any thought regarding modding the Stock Heatsink? Please reply if have any liquid cooling.

Re: Suggestion For Overclocking PII 550 BE

The motherboard, is it the only one? Is not that a DDR2 board? And you sure it is good for overclocking?As for the processor, why not go for 555BE, or the latest 560BE? And for the RAM, why not go for somewhat you would not regret purchasing? Confident about those brands which are cheaper but you purchase a product that is not able to be trusted in terms of quality.Also, is over clocking your main priority? Or you require performance as well? If you do, a enhanced option would be Core i3 530/540+Gigabyte H55M-S2+2GB DDR3 1333MHz, although a little expensive.

Here actually I want to ask you something. In this I want to know that Why do you pay for M4A78 M LE? If you obtain something with 785/790/880 chipset. IIRC, that CPU comes along with a heat pipe CPU. And also I want to know that how are you going to mod it along with two fans? one each side? well, may be probable, but in its place, you are able to obtain a decent air cooler for ~ 1.8k.One 120mm fan at the rear and one at front would be a lot improved than having 80mm fans IMO.

I am also looking for the same question. So here I will request that if anybody has better suggestion for me so please post your reply over here as soon as it is possible for you guys. The reason behind this is I am also going through the same situation. And also regarding this I have visited many of the forum site but till now I do not get succeeded in this. So please do this fast.